Mid Price Camera Suggestions?

AshZelda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey guys! As much as I fine tune the rest of my equipment, my camera is the one thing I'm never happy with. A huge part of that is that I just can't afford to drop an insane amount on the camera I really want.
Do you guys have any suggestions for a camera in $200-300 range that has a screen that flips out so you can see yourself filming AND an external mic input? (In this price range, this really seems to be a one-or-the-other type scenario for everything I've looked at.)
If it matters, I vlog, do beauty/lifestyle and craft tutorials, and film live events. I edit in Final Cut (and sometimes iMovie).
My dream is that one day I'll be able to get a nice DSLR, but since that's just not financially possible, I'm just looking for a camera I won't hate while I save up.

Last edited:

Jordan Rhodes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Get a used t3i off ebay! they go for about 250 and are perfect for what you want. And when you get more cash you can just upgrade your lens for a better image quality.

Reactions: Dizzy

Dizzy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Agreed with Jordan ^ the Cannon ti series is great! You can get a t3i for your price range. I have a t6i and love it! Has the flip out screen for your Vlogging. Good Luck with your channel! :)

- Dizzy

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you are up for cell phone contract renewal get an iphone. I have the 6s plus. It shoots in 4k. It is pretty much my primary camera/pc with imovie and i upload to apps when im done. I evangelize my setup whenever i can, its so convenient.

CrazyPUA

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I also recommend the t3i, it's a really versatile camera with flip out screen and more.

DoStuffJosh

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The Canon t3i is really great! If you can squeeze $50 more. The canon G7X is a point and shoot camera - can do 1080p at 60fps and it is really amazing, the quality beats a lot of DSLR's. If you can't afford that, then definitely the Canon T3i. Goodluck! (Watch some YouTube reviews/tests on the cameras as well!)

AshZelda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I definitely look at the t3i on Amazon with the $600 price tag, never thought to go to ebay to get it. Thanks guys, that's an awesome idea!
I have a regular iphone 6 and it never occurred to me to use the camera for anything more than selfies, I'll definitely get a mount for my tripod and try it out.
And I'll look into the G7X as well, I've literally never heard of it.

sir.penguin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I definitely look at the t3i on Amazon with the $600 price tag, never thought to go to ebay to get it. Thanks guys, that's an awesome idea!
I have a regular iphone 6 and it never occurred to me to use the camera for anything more than selfies, I'll definitely get a mount for my tripod and try it out.
And I'll look into the G7X as well, I've literally never heard of it.
It would be better to buy the t3i (body only) used. And then get the 24mm stm lens.
Buying used sounds sketchy but its not. The pros do it from time to time because camera gear is built to last.
And you should be able to save yourself a 100$ or so.....and with that 100$ maybe you should also pick up a 50mm