Massive drop in views on kid channels

Dario

I've Got It
Reaction score
i still dont get why my channel was affected since im not posting kid videos since 2017... i was hit hard just because i used to make videos for kids years ago

Dario

I've Got It
Reaction score
Does anyone suspect anything will actually happen on September 25 th? Isn't that the deadline where creators were supposed to remove distorted kids videos ?? I am confidant nothing will happen to my channel, with 2800 videos all clean evergreen, and kid/family safe. But it of course was included in the mess others created and my views are down 99%. It would be so heartening to see a bump up on the 25th, and maybe a solid rise in views. Making new videos is a waste of time, regardless of content/viewtime or anything else. Until things settle down, my channel is on hold , if things turn around, I will just delete old videos and re-upload them. It is a lot of work to make a video and then make 5 cents on 5 hours labor and creativity. The so-called Algorithm is in fact a program designed to reward some creators and ignore the rest ..regardless of the so called watch time metric. thats a load of crap.
lets wait... im really sorry for you... 99% is insanely crazy

ianmacdon

I've Got It
Reaction score
lets wait... im really sorry for you... 99% is insanely crazy
Thanks, when I left my job to do this full time, I had no idea Google was violating the COPPA act, thereby making me an unwitting accomplice...funny no one filed a class action suit, Doing this full time I earned a nice living, now I make 5 dollars a day...lost my job , and this is unsustainable as I have a family . Don't call me dumb, google encouraged us to make a living making videos,....maybe they meant THEY could make a good living.... I really hope it turns around soon....its killing me. Any class action lawyers ?

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
This is a good video with a lot of good commentary. Derral is absolutely right when he predicts that the FTC is going to make an example out of a channel that has not properly disclosed endorsements and confused kids with excessive advertising (aka Ryan Toysreview). The part I disagree with on this video is that advertisers have a desire to run ads on channels aimed at preschoolers. With the exception of the Christmas season, most advertisers have no desire to advertise to young kids. Right now, a lot of kid channels show insurance, car sales, and other adult related advertisements based on the history of the adult that is sharing the device with a kid. A lot of the targeted advertisements were done with inept technology and Google showed ads to kids when the advertiser wanted it shown to the parent. In fact, Google ads told the advertiser that their ad ran on a video watched by an adult, but it was actually the adult's account being watch by a kid. This is why many smart advertisers excluded kid channels; however there is no way to exclude them all. Google is faced with a difficult situation. Google doesn't want to lose kid viewers, but they know contextual ads will only go so far. It is obvious to me that the next Youtube scandal will be kids getting pushed to watch 13 plus content channels.

Reactions: just Moto

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7452803/Mom-Ryan-Kaji-star-Ryan-ToysReview-jailed-shoplifting.html

Of course a person that steals and refuses to comply with probation would never bot views or exploit Youtube by violating rules.

View attachment 43537

I'm not condoning stealing but this was 17 years ago when she was a student and she has done her time in prison. I think we have all done a few stupid things when we were younger.

Anyway, back on topic - Reading that article, their growth has been off the charts. I didn't realise they had all those other channels and business interests on top of their main channel. I knew they had the TV show but wasn't aware of all the licensing deals with Colgate and fast food chains etc. I suppose when your brand is centred around a young kid playing with toys, that brand is going to stop making money when the kid becomaes an adult and is no longer a kid so I do understand why they are hitting it hard now. I wonder how Ryan will feel about all this 20 years from now and he understands what is going on. Will he feel pleased that his parents have set him for life financially or will he feel exploited? It must be tough reaching adulthood and not needing to work for the rest of your life and having a lot of free time and millions in the bank.

Reactions: JackJack

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
A lot of jealous people here. :)
I think plain unboxing videos is a thing of the past kind of like plain gaming

Last edited:

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not condoning stealing but this was 17 years ago when she was a student and she has done her time in prison. I think we have all done a few stupid things when we were younger.

Anyway, back on topic - Reading that article, their growth has been off the charts. I didn't realise they had all those other channels and business interests on top of their main channel. I knew they had the TV show but wasn't aware of all the licensing deals with Colgate and fast food chains etc. I suppose when your brand is centred around a young kid playing with toys, that brand is going to stop making money when the kid becomaes an adult and is no longer a kid so I do understand why they are hitting it hard now. I wonder how Ryan will feel about all this 20 years from now and he understands what is going on. Will he feel pleased that his parents have set him for life financially or will he feel exploited? It must be tough reaching adulthood and not needing to work for the rest of your life and having a lot of free time and millions in the bank.
I have a lot of respect for you. It is a fair point to indicate that this occurred 17 years ago and I am a staunch advocate for rehabilitation. We all have flaws, but stealing is a pretty bad one to have. The bottom line is when you put yourself in the public domain on camera making content for kids, your past history especially arrest records are very relevant and fair game for criticism. She stars in the videos just as much as Ryan does. It is no different than Mr. Rogers or Pee-Wee Herman. You are expected to be a role model on and off the camera. It should be noted that she did finish college and was a Chemistry teacher. This obviously does show some level of character change.

Last edited:

ilikeswords64

Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for you. It is a fair point to indicate that this occurred 17 years ago and I am a staunch advocate for rehabilitation. We all have flaws, but stealing is a pretty bad one to have. The bottom line is when you put yourself in the public domain on camera making content for kids, your past history especially arrest records are very relevant and fair game for criticism. She stars in the videos just as much as Ryan does. It is no different than Mr. Rogers or Pee-Wee Herman. You are expected to be a role model on and off the camera. It should be noted that she did finish college and was a Chemistry teacher. This obviously does show some level of character change.
I find it deeply disturbing that she was a teacher of any kind. I've watched hundreds upon hundreds of Loan and Shion's videos and I really do have trouble with their lack of mastery of the English language. Three houses and a studio and they couldn't hire a vocal coach? Flipping through channels and hitting Nickelodeon and trying to comprehend that they qualify for mainstream entertainment like this is very difficult for me to swallow. Watch a few other kid shows with live actors and then flip back to it. Watch it as if you had never heard of Ryan. It is wild. Their mastery of the algorithm made these people. They don't belong in entertainment.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
This could be Ryan when he gets bigger

Last edited: