Massive drop in views on kid channels

anonymousssss

Reaction score
Last 7 days, 5.8 million views, $4,000. This is low compared to last year where I was making roughly twice that with the same number or views.

That’s with roughly 65% of my traffic being shown in the kids app. I am assuming the slow switch to kids app traffic is the reason for my 50% dip in revenue since last year.

I’ve seen no impact on views for the past couple years. Same ole same ole. Some months the views are more on new videos. Other months the views are spread on old videos. It’s a constant shuffle of old vs new but the overall daily views are consistent.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Last 7 days, 5.8 million views, $4,000. This is low compared to last year where I was making roughly twice that with the same number or views.

That’s with roughly 65% of my traffic being shown in the kids app. I am assuming the slow switch to kids app traffic is the reason for my 50% dip in revenue since last year.

I’ve seen no impact on views for the past couple years. Same ole same ole. Some months the views are more on new videos. Other months the views are spread on old videos. It’s a constant shuffle of old vs new but the overall daily views are consistent.
is your channel animation?

anonymousssss

Reaction score
No it’s lifestyle. Me and my family. Sometimes we play with toys. Sometimes we get new ones. Sometimes we go places. But we’re firmly in the kids category, at least according to YouTube.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
No it’s lifestyle. Me and my family. Sometimes we play with toys. Sometimes we get new ones. Sometimes we go places. But we’re firmly in the kids category, at least according to YouTube.
I wish FTC and Google developed a better plan than what's coming out in Feb. It is not fair to creators and we are in the middle of this fight

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
so now we know 2 mill views pay around $500 on kids app.
Is your channel live acting, unboxing or animation? I think only animation ones got boost.
A combination of unboxing and skits.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
That's a better RPM of $0.70 but it is still very low particularly for this time of the year and compared to other niches.

Non-kids niches are getting an RPM of $2 +

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
YT is in the process of censoring all kinds of content since trump was elected. Sadly predators are on yt. I dont know that yt knows how to counter them effectively. What is more YT under Google appears to be more interested in supporting big corporations e.g Disney, ESPN , MSNBC rather than individual creators.

Like it or not the right wing warned us about this when tech companies started censoring them in 2017. I didn't believe them. I was wrong.

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
YT is in the process of censoring all kinds of content since trump was elected. Sadly predators are on yt. I dont know that yt knows how to counter them effectively. What is more YT under Google appears to be more interested in supporting big corporations e.g Disney, ESPN , MSNBC rather than individual creators.

Like it or not the right wing warned us about this when tech companies started censoring them in 2017. I didn't believe them. I was wrong.
There is no question that the current executives at Google despise the current administration and their supporters; however their sole motivation is profit. It is all about the ad money and nothing else. They will listen and take action only when their ability to make money is impacted. Anything else is irrelevant to them. Their statements and propaganda is utter rubbish.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Don’t worry in a couple of years demand will go up like crazy. This is similar what happened to beer during prohibition law. Brewers started making sodas. But after so many years they went back to making what they do best.