Making Your Voice Sound Clear In Your Videos

DaphYinArt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Hey, now that I think of it, I have a little tip to share with you, especially vloggers who are just starting out, who don't have professional equipment but still wish to be heard in the YouTube community.

I've never uploaded a video with me talking in it on YouTube but I already did one, just for fun, and what I noticed is that when I record myself with my regular little camera, the sound of my voice is... disturbed by a constant crackling sound in the background. I don't know if some of you have this problem, but I've already seen videos on YouTube having this problem. Well, it's not all the time a problem since in some cases the voice is still clear, but it's still annoying, don't you think?

So what I did is to record myself with the camera... and with the voice recorder in my phone at the same time! What happens is that the recorded audio in my phone is much clearer than in my camera... I don't know how, but it's true that my camera is older than my phone...

Anyway, you can just give it a try.

After recording, just import both medias into your editing software and mute the audio of the movie you recorded from the camera and replace it with the audio from your phone! And you are done.

Lip syncing? Well just match the 'beats' (the lines thing, like for heartbeats, I just can't grasp the word) of both audio before muting the camera one, if you know what I mean.

Good luck!

terencethien

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
hmm good idea, but you gotta sync in the video and vocal audio all the time.​

Reina

YTT's Grey Warden
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hey, now that I think of it, I have a little tip to share with you, especially vloggers who are just starting out, who don't have professional equipment but still wish to be heard in the YouTube community.

I've never uploaded a video with me talking in it on YouTube but I already did one, just for fun, and what I noticed is that when I record myself with my regular little camera, the sound of my voice is... disturbed by a constant crackling sound in the background. I don't know if some of you have this problem, but I've already seen videos on YouTube having this problem. Well, it's not all the time a problem since in some cases the voice is still clear, but it's still annoying, don't you think?

So what I did is to record myself with the camera... and with the voice recorder in my phone at the same time! What happens is that the recorded audio in my phone is much clearer than in my camera... I don't know how, but it's true that my camera is older than my phone...

Anyway, you can just give it a try.

After recording, just import both medias into your editing software and mute the audio of the movie you recorded from the camera and replace it with the audio from your phone! And you are done.

Lip syncing? Well just match the 'beats' (the lines thing, like for heartbeats, I just can't grasp the word) of both audio before muting the camera one, if you know what I mean.

Good luck!
This is what I did when I recorded my cover video. Recorded the video with my Samsung S3 and the audio with my Razer Carcharias which is connected to my laptop where I'm using Edison as my recording program. :)

ironwolf

I've Got It
Reaction score
You can also try using audacity and clear the voice. Look it up on youtube it's simple! :)

ILLMindofBrandon

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
You can also try using audacity and clear the voice. Look it up on youtube it's simple! :)

I've tried using this, 2 no avail :crying: ...

Ultimately what had to happen was me getting rid of my Camera for my videos, Buying a webcam and Mic.. Hence why im still having trouble getting my audio right & althogether my videos up.. Whoever said u can just hook up a Mic an talk was sadly mistaken lol

NinjaisaBeast

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's a pretty good idea. Like the one person said audacity works wonders it took my $5 mic and turned it into sounding amazing.

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
do you think the iphone 5 recorder would be better than a cheap mic?
You can just give it a try. Set up all the audio recording devices you have - shoot a video - import all the tracks into your editing software and then compare by muting them individually and stick to what sounds best. (And then add the audacity-treatment.)

Oh and for the syncing:
Just CLAP at the beginning of your shot.

Reactions: Wenry