Making money off your content ?

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly I've heard about people making money off their videos but I never understood how or how it actually works.

I've heard about running ads on your videos, monetizing your videos, and maybe even joining a partnership like Freedom. (But I haven't heard anything good about freedom)

I want to eventually earn a little bit of cash off my videos but I'm honestly scared to "sign up" for anything because I don't want it to go wrong.

Can anyone elaborate on how it works better, or talk about your own personal experiences?

Kauai Lise

Reaction score
Well you can't really go wrong with just monetizing your videos, and that just allows youtube to run ads at the beginning and then they pay you a certain amount for views and a little more if someone clicks on the ads, but beware it's no get rich quick scheme.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you're a small channel, don't expect to make a lot of money through ads. But the good news, is that there's plenty of other ways to make money off your videos. Here's just a few examples

1. Use affiliated links. For example put amazon affiliated links on your descriptions and when someone clicks them and buys what you recommend, you get paid.
2. Find a sponsor and make a video that advertises their product or service. Grapevinelogic is a great site to find sponsors (need 1000 subs minimum)
3. Send your viewers to your website and sell a Product, Service, or even clothes
4. Send viewers to Udemy and make a course about something you're an expert in

There's lots of creative ways to make money :)

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldn't recommend going bangwizz into affiliate marketing and your own products if you have no experience.

Start by monetizing your videos and learn about seo. Then start to learn affiliate and internet marketing while making lots of videos and improving your videocraft. It all goes hand in hand and the knowledge is transferrable.

Depending on your genre you'll discover other ways to monetize.

If all else fails you can teach people how to make money from youtube, that's an evergreen niche.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube's montetization of videos is as simple as checking a few buttons when you upload. It doesn't make you a lot of money if you're a small channel, but there's pretty much no downside to it at all.

Reactions: AllenSae

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have to first enable monetization by clicking on Video Manager, then Channel on the left. Right now, I get about 5.5% of a penny per view. So 0.00055 X number of views I got in a month = the amount of money I get for that month.

Also, with enabling ads, you'll only get your money once you've made at least $100 and then it will be around the 21st of the month.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to first enable monetization by clicking on Video Manager, then Channel on the left. Right now, I get about 5.5% of a penny per view. So 0.00055 X number of views I got in a month = the amount of money I get for that month.

Also, with enabling ads, you'll only get your money once you've made at least $100 and then it will be around the 21st of the month.
So many decimal points !!!
Is it $550 for 1,000,000 views?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So many decimal points !!!
Is it $550 for 1,000,000 views?
Yep. But that's for me at least. I took the amount of money I got in a time period and divided it by the number of views I got in that same period. My calculator got an error so I had to add a 0 on the end of the dollar amount, then add an extra 0 after the decimal point of the answer.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Sunsbookishgamesx

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
monetizing your videos
sponsorships for promoting people or items
:)