Making money from Youtube if I live in a smaller country?

Alexandar Gargov

Reaction score
So I have wanted to start a youtube channel for a whlie now but I have only one concern, which is: Can I build an English speaking audience and make money from youtube if I live in Bulgaria. So basically I am asking does the country where i live in matter?

Reactions: Rosadi Jamani

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Absolutely. Plenty of English speaking channels based in non English language countries do very well. Check out "Real Russia" as a classic example.

Same thing in places like India where there is a big mix of different language channels - the English ones always do very well.

Go for it.

Cheers Rob

Alexandar Gargov

Reaction score
Absolutely. Plenty of English speaking channels based in non English language countries do very well. Check out "Real Russia" as a classic example.

Same thing in places like India where there is a big mix of different language channels - the English ones always do very well.

Go for it.

Cheers Rob
so if i had 100k views a month and live in Bulgaria i am going to get the same amount of money as an english youtuber with 100k a month?

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I expect so. The adverts that show will relate to the location of the viewer.

So if viewed in USA or Australia the adverts will target products relevant to that location - it won't show Bulgarian adverts.

Cheers Rob

Alexandar Gargov

Reaction score
I expect so. The adverts that show will relate to the location of the viewer.

So if viewed in USA or Australia the adverts will target products relevant to that location - it won't show Bulgarian adverts.

Cheers Rob
Thank you very much!

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no problem, I also live in a country that is not a developed country in internet technology, I live in Indonesia, and products that become ads from chanel are products that will be marketed in Indonesia, and also in my country English is not the language of day to day.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
so if i had 100k views a month and live in Bulgaria i am going to get the same amount of money as an english youtuber with 100k a month?
It doesn`t depend from which country you upload, it depends on which countries your views come. So if the majority of your views will be from Bulgaria you will earn less compared to if they come from the USA for example. I come from Montenegro which is even smaller than Bulgaria and I still can earn some money because my viewers come from the USA, India, etc. Views from the Balkan countries are very less paid.
I guess the only problem for you will be the accent and how well you can speak English, if you are good in it, and viewers can easily understand you, that will help you a lot to grow faster.

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I live in Sweden, most of my views come from the UK and the US. Based on my channels numbers for 2020 only 1.9% of my views came from Sweden. Still get paid pretty crappy money since I'm in a low paying niche.

Visunion

Reaction score
it doesn't matter where you are living. that's the greatest part being active online in this world :)