Making friends on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was thinking about this before after ForeverAlone posted his thread about getting to know people here and becoming more involved. I was wondering how people here find making friends on YouTube, like have you made many friends that you talk to everyday via YouTube? How did you come to become friends on there?

During my whole YouTube experience I have only ever had 1 person I would consider a friend that I found on there, it was where he subscribed to me with quite a few of his channels to help me out of my old channel and we started chatting for a bit and we would message each other every now and then and that's about as far as it went. Not really good friends or anything but you know what I am saying here, maybe occasional acquaintances.

Now since having the forum there are probably at least 10-20 people I consider my friends on here but that wasn't really on YouTube.

How has your experience been when making friends on there? Any luck making them? Was it a good experience or bad?

Share your experiences or lack of if you have never made any on there :D

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
I have made about two 'friends' on youtube a few months ago, but I don't speak to them much anymore :/, but like you I have made about 10+ friends on YTtalk ;)

Reactions: Michael

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have a friend....but hes more a person i collaborate with but still i consider him as a "youtube friend"....The best friends on youtube are your fans. :)

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
usually by commenting on their videos, messaging them and asking for box for box and etc.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I never make any actual friends on youtube I tend to make them in places like this or on facebook and then we find out each of us are on youtube haha. I find for the most part people surfing youtube are pretty self absorbed and so the motivation for making real friends is not really there. You can even see it here there are two types of people that come onto the forum

one just posts links of their stuff and leave and come back every week and bump them .. i tend not to bother with their channels to subscribe or anything they just want views so i watch and if i like i might watch again sometime

the other type posts well there last introduces themselves and one day gets around to posting a video in the promo area, but its not the first ever post they ever make. I tend to pay more attention to this "other type" because anyone can breeze in post a couple videos say "join my channel" and leave (not interested in those kinda people and i will never sub them either cause well I dont like getting farmed lol and that is what they are doing farming the forum for a few stats ..)

Status
Not open for further replies.