Making a music video

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello. I make my own music because it's fun and was thinking about creating a music video for it. I'm just sort of stuck in ideas.

I am not a very social person so do you feel being a solo filmer and actor in your own music video would work? And what is your experience with doing so.

I have the costume idea. I have a few japanese sailor fukus and would want to get a paper mask. I also have some lolita dresses as well. But beyond that I'm not really sure. Any ideas?

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
I have a fair bit of experience making music videos, mostly rap but the experience transfers lol.

It's entirely possible to do it solo, Most the ones I've done have been with just the artist

I gotta say most music videos I shoot aren't very interesting in camera, it's the editing that makes the video. remember that, most people dont.

Take that idea you have with the costumes and make a story, try to use your song in that story. A good music video looks good with music, but a GREAT music video looks great WITHOUT music.

When you listen to the song, is there any feelings that stick out to you? Any movie scenes maybe? Use those for inspiration.

That about sums up how I get Ideas for music videos, hopefully that helps you abit, if you need anything or have any questions feel free to ask!