evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi All,

Been on these forums for quite a long time now and they have been an awesome source of information for me over the almost 2 years i've now been doing YouTube. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for me over that time, and it took me until a week or two ago to reach the 2000 subscriber mark. I did have quite a lot of success with a previous game called 'total war arena' which is where I built most of my audience but unfortunately the game closed around 9 months ago and i've been having a hard time maintaining views (getting around 100 to 200 per video). However, in the last 9 months i've been working on other games that haven't yet been released to try and sort of get in early if that makes sense ie. have videos before the bigger youtubers get there in the hope that would allow me to capture a new audience.

Well to cut a long story short it seems to have worked rather better then I could have ever dreamed of! I gained 89 subscribers yesterday alone and am sitting at 34,000 views over the last 48 hours, small figures compared to some I realise but i'm used to getting a few subscribers a day so this all seems mental.

So my main worry now is how to maintain this going forwards? It's really given me the drive to put in as many hours as I can to try and up my video quality and at least over the next week I want to try and put out 1 video a day to capitalise on the rapid growth rate. I'm guessing it makes sense to stick to this 1 game for now since this is where my success is coming from?

I also have to say despite it being absolutely amazing, it also feels really quite stressful, i feel that this is my opportunity from 2 years of work and i really don't want to screw it up!

p.s. Its so hard not to keep checking analytics every 5 mins!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Congrats on your success.

I think a good idea would be to try and use this growth to build up a "relationship" with the viewers. Use polls, social media, the discussion tab and the comments section to interact with your viewers and to find out what sort of content they're interested in. Try to keep them engaged in order to keep them coming back.

You could do a Q and A or an "about me" video where you tell your viewers a bit about yourself.

Reactions: evoloz

Jay Lyons

Reaction score
I've produced for several large channels and had huge successes (28 million views) and also huge failures. So don't stress out over it. You just keep plugging away, and let the results be what they are. Beside there is no predicting it really...videos I thought would blow up for sure- didn't, and vice versa.

Also don't overcomplicate your creative process. Whatever your last video was that did well for you- do the same thing again. So if you did a certain technique in the game or reviewed a certain level or boss, or used a certain weapon, do the same video but substitute one main thing and keep the title similar also. And def. look at your "absolute audience retention" and see where people click away and where you lose/gain viewers. Give them more of what they like obviously!

Reactions: Crown and evoloz

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
*update*

Been a couple of weeks since this started now, things are still going well, just passed 3.5k subs and had 300k views for the month but things have slowed around 30% from the peak.

I think this largely comes down to the game though, lots more people were looking at the start and now it's more settled into it's natural cycle. I've been keeping up daily videos over this time but in another week or two I'll drop to 4 or 5 a week as with also working full time it's pretty intense to try and get out a video a day Haha