Losing Motivation Please Cheer me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomicred

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been doing youtube over a year, I see people talking about how they got 100 subs in a week or 1,000 less then a month. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I sent hours and hours editing videos making the best video I can. I love making youtube videos but doing all that work and only a small amount of people see it gets me down. I answer all the comments I get, but stills feels like I'm missing something to make this work.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reality check: What you describe is you and everybody else. There is no right or wrong here. You either got it or you don't. Then transition YouTube into a hobby only and be happy or keep stuck trying to make it when you don't have the personality or the content that draws people in.

On top of that you are a gaming channel. The single most saturated genre. And then there is the fact you are running 720p... Forget it. Unless you run 1080p30 at bare minimum people are not going to want to watch your videos.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reality check: What you describe is you and everybody else. There is no right or wrong here. You either got it or you don't. Then transition YouTube into a hobby only and be happy or keep stuck trying to make it when you don't have the personality or the content that draws people in.

On top of that you are a gaming channel. The single most saturated genre. And then there is the fact you are running 720p... Forget it. Unless you run 1080p30 at bare minimum people are not going to want to watch your videos.
He said, and I quote "Please cheer me up". Your reply ain't gonna accomplish that :) It's gonna depress the poor chap even further....

Reactions: Lekjih

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
He said, and I quote "Please cheer me up". Your reply ain't gonna accomplish that :) It's gonna depress the poor chap even further....
People need to understand that they are hardly alone and that EVERYONE has those struggles. I am a proponent of tough love. If he quits that's all the better. More room for people that create for the sake of creating rather than focusing on the impossible.

Now he needs to get p****d off and show everyone that he can make it, and focus on creating. There we go, tough love at work!

Atomicred

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Thank you sometimes the cold hard facts well motivate me.

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just keep going at it, everybody loses motivation sometimes! Keep on grinding and keep on doing what you are doing, and it will eventually come for you!

But as said, the gaming genre is very hard to get successful in, as a lot of people are doing that! I notice there´s a lot of people in the traveling genre as well, but that doesn´t stop me!

Reactions: Atomicred

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Motivation isn't always "hey, you're so awesome we love you!"

The root of motivate is move so sometimes tough love gets people moving!

Your channel is too generic, caters to one audience and one age group. Your titles are not conducive to being found in the search engine. Very simply, stop doing videos everyone else is doing. Don't expect you can play games all your life and get paid for it.

Funny moments are never funny.

But, you have the power, like all of us to change it around. Look for things people aren't diong, but are still looking for and see what you can make out of that.

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score

This guy get its. I am the same with many people because I tell people how it is: youtube is a competitive platform. many do not use it for opportunistic gains or business, but the people that do, drive the competition. I am somewhere in the middle, but I will show you that I already surpassed you and my channel is a month old. I even feel my growth is slow, but it is to show that you need to compete and beat people like me, because we will eat you up like a jelly doughnut. Find a niche within gaming and cater to it. Regardless of what people say you should focus on a target audience (it's not bad to focus on an age group). But focusing on general let's plays is too broad. You will get lost in the sea of gamers. You need a way to set yourself apart. Play an outrageous game. And most importantly, have fun and don't stress. Success comes to those that persist, have fun, and do not get too caught up. Don't expect to make it big quickly, just focus on yourself. Good luck.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey I know how you feel. I haven't made a video in a couple weeks. I'm going to try to get started on one tonight but it can be hard to stay motivated.

I think it's important to have realistic expectations and be thankful that anyone out there would like your content. Im close to 300 subs and I NEVER thought I would even get 100 so Im just happy about that.

Also make sure you enjoy what you do. Even if you do gain popularity it's important to have a passion for your channel.

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey I know how you feel. I haven't made a video in a couple weeks. I'm going to try to get started on one tonight but it can be hard to stay motivated.

I think it's important to have realistic expectations and be thankful that anyone out there would like your content. Im close to 300 subs and I NEVER thought I would even get 100 so Im just happy about that.

Also make sure you enjoy what you do. Even if you do gain popularity it's important to have a passion for your channel.
your channel is pretty damn unique. I'm subbing.

Reactions: sledrunner31
Status
Not open for further replies.