Losing hope in your channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to make this seem like a depressing subject for the forum, but does it ever feel to you that you just lose hope in your channel?
Not the drive and motivation to do youtube videos but just feel like giving up?
I will admit there have been times in the past two years that I wanted to delete my youtube channel because of not being able to grow as a youtuber.
I love recording and editing my videos as often as that I can as my hobby because I love to make people laugh or feel like they can confide in me some how through my videos.
Honestly, a show of hands (persay), how many people here in the forum have thought of just giving up?
I ask this because as much as I love youtubing, life gets in the way and I lose hope because I don't have as much time as I would like to do youtube videos or even sometimes when I come back to my channel in some certain ways it feels like I'll never make it past the 2000 subscriber mark that so many people go crazy over.

yeah i get like that, i have been wanting to get to 1k for so long now and it's not happening yet, but if you love it you just keep going, i dont know what my life would be like without youtube, it takes up a lot of my thoughts nowadays, it really helps when im having a boring day at work to daydream about youtube haha!

I've never really lost hope in the channels I have although I have lost hope in series of videos or questioned whether they are worth it or not. When you spend 5 hours editing for a video to get a handful of views it makes it hard. Love for making videos isn't always enough and the gratification that viewers/subscribers give is incredibly important to keeping anyone motivated.

The way I combat losing faith is by always trying new things, I make it exciting for me to make it. That way at least I'm excited for the video I've made, even if no one else is :)

Well I haven't been doing it long but I love making videos editing them together I am happy and feel accomplished no matter how big or small of a community I build I couldn't imagine not having the motivation.

Sorry but there are way too many of these "should I quit?" threads in this forum and now everyone seems to be starting one. They don't achieve anything at all. The main forum is for YouTube chat, gossip or general help.

If you don't enjoy YouTube, then yes you should quit. Why do something you hate?!

If you are looking for general advice for how to improve, then check out the strategy / technique forum. ( http://yttalk.com/forums/strategies-technique-advice.14/ ) There's loads of advice there for how to improve.

If you're looking for specific advice for your channel based on your existing channel or videos, then please ask for a review in the review forum. (http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/ ) If your thread complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then it will be approved by a member of staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back