Losing chunks of subscribers (see graph)

ErhanGaming

Reaction score
Hey guys! I hope you're keeping well and thanks for reading on.

The last few nights I have discovered a decline in subscribers (only to be made up during the day). My subscriber growth is somewhat healthy at 10-20 new subscribers a day. However, the last three nights I have discovered a dip in subscribers.

Last night I decided to keep my computer on so I can actually see the graph and see what's going on, only to discover this...

1593918511206.png

My VidIQ dashboard at the top currently reads 2.48K (which, if it weren't for the subscriber drops would be the figure I'd be rounded to right now). My actual Creator Studio dashboard reads the same as my social blade count (2,462).

1593918553728.png

I haven't purchased subscribers, I don't sub4sub or any of that nonsense, my channel is legitimate and I believe my views match my channel size. The only thing that's different over the last few days is my uploads have been doing very well for views compared to normal (1/10 for the past 3 videos consecutively).

Could it be a thing where YouTube detects suspicious subscriber growth? If so, how is a channel supposed to "blow up" if YouTube removes subs for higher than usual growth?

I know my numbers are small compared to some of you bigger YouTubers out there, but I hope you can understand for someone of my small size, this is relatively significant.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
People unsubscribe if they do not like your videos and no longer want to be notified of new uploads from you.

Also YouTube periodically removes subs from bots and banned accounts.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
It's happening to a lot of people, I think it's YT doing a site-wide purge of inactive/old/problematic accounts. Just my guess though, it could also be a glitch/bug. It's happened to me before, but never 3 days in a row. It's definitely suss, my public channel page is showing 8.09k atm, but my YT studio is reporting 8060. Weird.

A couple of months ago, YT announced a bulk of their employees would start working remotely during the pandemic. Ever since then, tech issues, bugs and glitches started happening on a more regular basis.

Just the other day, I opened up my Videos in the YT Studio and noticed most of them reporting "Unavailable" for the usual metrics displayed there (visibility, views, likes, comments monetization). I checked again a few hours later and everything was normal.

In all likelihood, this is just a temporary problem, but it could be pointing to bigger problems associated with remote work and handling of an undoubtedly gargantuan amount of workload and backlog.

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
It's happening to a lot of people, I think it's YT doing a site-wide purge of inactive/old/problematic accounts. Just my guess though, it could also be a glitch/bug. It's happened to me before, but never 3 days in a row. It's definitely suss, my public channel page is showing 8.09k atm, but my YT studio is reporting 8060. Weird.

A couple of months ago, YT announced a bulk of their employees would start working remotely during the pandemic. Ever since then, tech issues, bugs and glitches started happening on a more regular basis.

Just the other day, I opened up my Videos in the YT Studio and noticed most of them reporting "Unavailable" for the usual metrics displayed there (visibility, views, likes, comments monetization). I checked again a few hours later and everything was normal.

In all likelihood, this is just a temporary problem, but it could be pointing to bigger problems associated with remote work and handling of an undoubtedly gargantuan amount of workload and backlog.
Well said! Lost another 3 this night.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Well said! Lost another 3 this night.
Yeah, my public channel page is showing 8.12k and my YT Studio reports 8,083. So, that's ~40 sub difference. I think something got fricky in YT databases. Honestly, I don't care that much, as long as I'm getting views. If those suddenly start getting lost and scrubbed, I'll go full panic mode :giggle: