Loosing video ideas

Dado216

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’m really not thinking of anything good that will get the people watching like as in creative skits or just content in general which is the Main thing I do I made my channel into a gaming/skit and vlog channel but I don’t know if that’s good could anyone help me

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
Feeling at a loss of ideas can suck a ton. I would say that you could brainstorm daily for a few minutes to try and get more ideas.

Revisit old videos and add a twist or updated opinion on something, think about what happened during the year that you could reenact (then think smaller like month, week and day)

Do a trend video of something you like, if any of the trends appeal to you, show off a local landmark that people would find interesting, walk us through a day in your life, and brainstorm some more while you edit and upload.

Put your ideas down on paper or in a document and continue to update it. Cross off the ones you have done, color code those you can /need to revisit and soon you'll find yourself never losing your ideas again.

This is just some of what's helped me.

Reactions: Dado216

Dado216

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Feeling at a loss of ideas can suck a ton. I would say that you could brainstorm daily for a few minutes to try and get more ideas.

Revisit old videos and add a twist or updated opinion on something, think about what happened during the year that you could reenact (then think smaller like month, week and day)

Do a trend video of something you like, if any of the trends appeal to you, show off a local landmark that people would find interesting, walk us through a day in your life, and brainstorm some more while you edit and upload.

Put your ideas down on paper or in a document and continue to update it. Cross off the ones you have done, color code those you can /need to revisit and soon you'll find yourself never losing your ideas again.

This is just some of what's helped me.
Thank you so much for this response it really helped I’m going to do what you said because these things seem like the best ideas to do while I’m at this point I really appreciate it thank you

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

Zandrom

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you could incorporate some challenges, or punishments after you lose a game or something. Pretty popular thing to do, but it's popular because people like that.

There's also stuff like Q&A's but I think that would be better suited once you grow some more. I normally see people start Q&A's when reaching a milestone like 100 subs, or 1000 subs.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’m really not thinking of anything good that will get the people watching like as in creative skits or just content in general which is the Main thing I do I made my channel into a gaming/skit and vlog channel but I don’t know if that’s good could anyone help me
I have exactly the opposite issue. I have too many video ideas and the day is only 24 hours. You are having problem with loosing video ideas because you are really not thinking of anything good, while you shall start with positive manners. If you really want to enjoy YouTube you shall not think what people will watch, but instead do what you will find really enjoying to do and do best. Even if you don't get that much views you at least had fun doing it. If you think what people may watch and do whatever it takes to get views at the end you may come with some really stupid ideas that you will eventually regret. Remember the YouTuber who wanted big amount of views with video of shooting at a book he was holding over his chest? Oh well, he can't regret it now.

Video ideas are everywhere. For example, once I was at a board games con and I saw a guy who was interviewing and filming the people there. I've approached him and asked if he can do an interview for my channel, so we did a nice video. Later I filmed the people playing the board games - another video. There were Go champions playing - another video, etc, etc.. Video ideas are everywhere.

Dado216

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you could incorporate some challenges, or punishments after you lose a game or something. Pretty popular thing to do, but it's popular because people like that.

There's also stuff like Q&A's but I think that would be better suited once you grow some more. I normally see people start Q&A's when reaching a milestone like 100 subs, or 1000 subs.
Yeah I think I should do more challengers and punishments with them and I’m doing a q&a at 100 subs thank you

Dado216

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have exactly the opposite issue. I have too many video ideas and the day is only 24 hours. You are having problem with loosing video ideas because you are really not thinking of anything good, while you shall start with positive manners. If you really want to enjoy YouTube you shall not think what people will watch, but instead do what you will find really enjoying to do and do best. Even if you don't get that much views you at least had fun doing it. If you think what people may watch and do whatever it takes to get views at the end you may come with some really stupid ideas that you will eventually regret. Remember the YouTuber who wanted big amount of views with video of shooting at a book he was holding over his chest? Oh well, he can't regret it now.

Video ideas are everywhere. For example, once I was at a board games con and I saw a guy who was interviewing and filming the people there. I've approached him and asked if he can do an interview for my channel, so we did a nice video. Later I filmed the people playing the board games - another video. There were Go champions playing - another video, etc, etc.. Video ideas are everywhere.
I should probably brainstorm more really and do things I actually like that would help me more I think thank you for your response I’ll look back on this

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
Look into and begin studying lateral thinking.

I believe you can google lateral thinking exercises. You can get concepts you can do on paper and probably even lateral thinking exercises embedded online on some websites.

Dado216

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Look into and begin studying lateral thinking.

I believe you can google lateral thinking exercises. You can get concepts you can do on paper and probably even lateral thinking exercises embedded online on some websites.
Okay I like that idea I’m going to try this out too see if it helps me thanks

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes when I'm stuck for ideas, I take a common/boring idea, then I add a twist. We walked through a store once and I told my daughters to look at every object in the store and add the phrase "...but with candy" to the end. In no time we had several good ideas, several ridiculous ideas, and several funny ideas.

Another way is to combine two seemingly unrelated ideas.

Then there are the "What if...?" scenarios. Talk it out with someone else if you can, they might have one half of an idea, and you can supply the other half.