Looking to record video with iPhone but audio with AT2020 microphone, can I? Newbie!

axelrag

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Background – I’m looking to start a youtube channel in the real estate space, where I talk about different topics related to real estate investing (videos would be simple vlogs, sometimes I would be recording my screen). I’m wondering if it’s possible to record video with my iPhone (don’t need anything more intensive) but record audio with a USB mic (specifically an AT2020+ microphone). I’m sure I can record a separate audio file into my computer with the mic and then match them in editing.. unless there is a different/easier way to do it. Any suggestions on recording and editing simple youtube videos with this setup?

If it matters, I have a PC.
Thank you all in advance!

-Axel

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi everyone,

Background – I’m looking to start a youtube channel in the real estate space, where I talk about different topics related to real estate investing (videos would be simple vlogs, sometimes I would be recording my screen). I’m wondering if it’s possible to record video with my iPhone (don’t need anything more intensive) but record audio with a USB mic (specifically an AT2020+ microphone). I’m sure I can record a separate audio file into my computer with the mic and then match them in editing.. unless there is a different/easier way to do it. Any suggestions on recording and editing simple youtube videos with this setup?

If it matters, I have a PC.
Thank you all in advance!

-Axel

Yes of course. I recommend you use some free software called "Audacity" (https://www.audacityteam.org/ ) to record the audio. You will then have 2 separate files - 1 for video from your phone and 1 for the audio from Audacity. You will then have to import both files into your editing software, synchronise them and then do your editing before exporting a single file as the output.