Looking for a channel review!

Do you think daily uploads is the way to go?

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

RavitsART

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!
I got back into YouTube 12 days ago, and have been posting a daily video ever since, but i don't feel like its working out so well... I want to grow, i really do, and clearly posting daily, or just the content that i post or the quality of the content is not going to get me anywhere!
Please help, point out anything that you see that i am doing wrong or could be doing better, you can trash the whole channel if you think there's a good reason behind it, just keep the criticism constructive.

Thank you in advance!

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say yes to daily uploads especially for a strictly lets play channel. Aside from that here are some pointers I could come up with.

1. I would say to stay clear of minecraft, it's over saturated and extremely difficult to get noticed playing that game at this point. If you choose to stick with it however the below suggestions might help you get noticed.
2. Face cam face cam face cam face cam. If you're doing lets plays, then you need a face cam in my opinion. It immediately lets viewers connect with a person and not just a voice over gameplay. Straight commentary can work but you have to be damn sure it's interesting and if you are going that route I would suggest doing edits to make it more visually entertaining.
3. I know people say to make a brand and stick to your brand and yatta yatta, but I've found that branding your thumbnails with a little image of you does nothing but make it seem like every video you upload is the same one. You want each and every thumbnail to be unique and POP out at new people. If someone is already watching your content then they don't need your branded thumbnails in order to let youtube autoplay your next video or find it themselves. You want to advertise each and every upload as if it were unique so that complete randoms will stumble upon it easier. Also branding like a character in the corner of your thumbnail blends in with a lot of other gaming channels.

As an example of this, I used to brand my thumnails with the same green background and setup with myself, the game title and character from the game. They all started to look exactly the same and I started to get way more views when I switched them up and made little diorama's or stories in my thumbnail. Take a look at an old video and a new one like "Danganronpa" if you want to see a comparison.

Anyway, hope this helps!

RavitsART

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say yes to daily uploads especially for a strictly lets play channel. Aside from that here are some pointers I could come up with.

1. I would say to stay clear of minecraft, it's over saturated and extremely difficult to get noticed playing that game at this point. If you choose to stick with it however the below suggestions might help you get noticed.
2. Face cam face cam face cam face cam. If you're doing lets plays, then you need a face cam in my opinion. It immediately lets viewers connect with a person and not just a voice over gameplay. Straight commentary can work but you have to be damn sure it's interesting and if you are going that route I would suggest doing edits to make it more visually entertaining.
3. I know people say to make a brand and stick to your brand and yatta yatta, but I've found that branding your thumbnails with a little image of you does nothing but make it seem like every video you upload is the same one. You want each and every thumbnail to be unique and POP out at new people. If someone is already watching your content then they don't need your branded thumbnails in order to let youtube autoplay your next video or find it themselves. You want to advertise each and every upload as if it were unique so that complete randoms will stumble upon it easier. Also branding like a character in the corner of your thumbnail blends in with a lot of other gaming channels.

As an example of this, I used to brand my thumnails with the same green background and setup with myself, the game title and character from the game. They all started to look exactly the same and I started to get way more views when I switched them up and made little diorama's or stories in my thumbnail. Take a look at an old video and a new one like "Danganronpa" if you want to see a comparison.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Lots of help! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE REPLY <3
Im going to make sure to give the face cam a try! I would stay clear of minecraft... but idk any other games that i could play, im broke and my computer isnt very good xD could you suggest some games?

DomOfTheDao

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! The number one thing I would suggest is honing in on one topic, typically I think it's better for your channel to have a specialty. That's when I think people will sub and watch when they know what content they're getting.

DaffyLuv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think its best to post daily. you have to tag your videos right and search similar videos like the one you are about to post and see why they are getting many videos. that helped me alot.it takes time to see if your a small youtuber. also you should share it on your social media and get people that you know to help your promote your videos.

Dayn Brian

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
These are my honest tips for you. By the looks of it,you're doing fine but could do better. Maybe one of these tips can help you grow your channel:-

1. Channel Branding
o Logo looks great - Awesome work
o Channel banner needs work - Help me get 1K subs is not really going to help is it
o Thumbnail is fine - Remember to stick to same colors and fonts

2. SEO
o Title - Make something catchy and clickbait(good kind please)
o Description - Put some work into it and make a well defined description. Put relevant tags in there!
o Tags - Make sure you are tagging your videos correctly.

3. Video Sharing
o Reddit - The face of the internet
o Facebook - FB groups
o Google Plus communities - Still relevant and highly helpful

These are tips that I used to grow my channel to 100 subs in 2 months. Be sure to check out experts and what they say. Give it your all and don't go looking at bigger YouTubers like Jacksepticeye or Pewdiepie who have gone through this process before. Admire them?Yes. Follow their ways?Who knows,try experimenting!

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there! Just from an outside perspective, when I go to your channel I notice quickly that there's an array of different types of videos and topics going on. For some that may be good, but in my opinion for new channels it could be difficult to gain a following without having a "niche". Personally, even if my absolute favorite youtubers/vloggers were to upload every day, there's a good chance I wouldn't watch.

Just some food for thought. Best of luck to you :)

Reactions: Dayn Brian

Reide

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The way I see it Daily uploads can eb good. They can be bad. It depends on what you are good at. Quality over quantity can work but sacreficing a little quality here and there can be okay too. Look at Daily Grace and pewdiepie. Both daily vloggers with different styles and it works for them

Reactions: Dayn Brian