Live Stream Question

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Happy Holidays to all the non-bots here.

QUick question.

For some reason when I go live using my app Gamestreamer or whatever it is called, once in a while it will randomly put the stream under "upcoming." No reason to why it does that. I am curious how to stop it but it is not my question.

This may seem like a dumb question, but can I delete the "upcoming" notice without deleting the streaming video it is associated with? The only reason I am asking is because when I go to delete it, it says, "You are deleting a video, you have to... blah blah blah... and type in DELETE to assure us you understand what you are doing." Much like you do for a live already published video.

So in another words, I think, for some reason, Youtube will delete both the streaming video file AND the upcoming live notice. At least that is what appears to me.

Thoughts?

crazy-logic

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
not a bot, and not sure of exactly what's going on - i know a few years back i had a dodgy stream that was dropping off intermittently and YT created a new video for each segment as if they were separate independent streams. could it be something like that?

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
not a bot, and not sure of exactly what's going on - i know a few years back i had a dodgy stream that was dropping off intermittently and YT created a new video for each segment as if they were separate independent streams. could it be something like that?
Yup.

This morning I took my least favorite stream that had the "upcoming" attached to it and deleted the Upcoming listing. Even though it said it was going to delete the "video" it did not.

Why would it say it would delete a "video" if all it is only an upcoming listing, no video attached?

SMH

Appreciate the response, but I finally grew some balls and tried the delete and answered the questions myself!

Hey have a great New Year!