Limited niche and I have other ideas... thoughts?

erinmc

Reaction score
So, basically, I'm planning on starting my YouTube channel in July and I have a specific niche I would like the majority of my videos to be, but I also have some good ideas for videos unrelated to my niche. The niche I would like to be my main focus is EDM music festivals. Some ideas I have for this topic include rave GRWM, festival outfit looks, where to shop, festival vlogs, festival aftermovies, festival storytimes, and a few other related ideas. I feel really passionate about this niche but I am worried that eventually I will run out of ideas for quality and informative content that isn't just GRWM/vlogs. And maybe that would be okay, I'm not sure. But anyway, the other video ideas I have are completely unrelated to EDM/festivals but I think they would be relatively successful in their niche. So I guess my issue here is as follows - do I stick solely to my EDM niche, attempt to establish myself in the EDM niche first and then try branching out into other things once I have a following, or should I just post what I want when I want to even though the niches may be totally different? Is there a certain ratio of niche/non-niche videos I should keep to keep my subscribers happy? I think I would have more quality content being able to explore different niches and have a variety channel, but I don't want to hurt my ability to keep growing by putting out content only half of my subscribers are interested in. For a little more info on other niches I would be interested in exploring; I have video ideas for things related to health/fitness, room/housing decoration, mental health, and maybe some travel videos. But the other niche I find myself making the most videos in is fitness... which is a lot different from music festivals.
I feel pretty confident about my personality and the quality of content I can put out, but for some reason I'm just really worried that having a variety channel may not be as successful as if I just stuck to one niche. If I'm worrying too much about the whole niche thing and reading too much into it before I've even start putting out content, please let me know. I have a feeling that's what I'm doing but I think I just need someone to tell me that lol. Thank you for reading, I'd love to hear any advice you may have!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategies & Technique Advice forum section. :)

Reactions: erinmc

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have noticed really good growth in my first year by just sticking to my niche that I am primarily in. I think once you get maybe 20 videos in your niche and 50 or so subscribers I would branch out.