Just want to share my results from working on SEO

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
At the end of January I tried harder at SEO. With each new video I used the free Tube Buddy program and tried to select tags with high search volume and low competition. Sometimes it was pretty hard to find these. I then used these phrases in the title and description. Basically I tried to follow all the SEO advice that I've seen on YTTALK. Occasionally, I went back to some old videos and "SEO'ed the sh*t" out of them. So I have about 1/4 of my 40ish videos "SEO'ed."

Here are my results based on the views (not watch time).

Two Weeks BEFORE SEO: External 85% of the views / YT Search 2.2% of views
Most recent two weeks WITH SEO: External 64% of the views / YT Search 13% of views

I'm still having to promote like crazy as seen by the large percentage of views coming from external sources. I am a little confused that when I look at the search terms in my analytics, most are not ones that I used as tags, but I'm going to keep on "SEOing." I don't think it's just coincidence, but who knows. I still like to follow the advice that I see on this forum.

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wish I had that magical power of SEO others are able to harness. XD Awesome job though, man. Glad to hear it's going well for you.

Reactions: Redford1900

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for sharing your results. That's really impressive, the results and your analysis of your work on SEO.

Reactions: Redford1900

Paulie Popcorn

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you go back and SEO your older videos, YT may reindex them and it will take a few weeks to see results. That's what they told me over at Fullscreen

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I just checked out the Tube Buddy, its totally free tool, which is amazing. But it is not installing on FIREFOX, so I installed it on Chrome. Thanks for suggesting us this idea, congrats for your wonderful channel growth. Hopefully it will work for me too.

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you go back and SEO your older videos, YT may reindex them and it will take a few weeks to see results. That's what they told me over at Fullscreen
That's good to know. I'm really slow at doing to SEO and writing a description, but if I do a couple a week, I should be able to get the job done. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1458072086,1458071873][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just checked out the Tube Buddy, its totally free tool, which is amazing. But it is not installing on FIREFOX, so I installed it on Chrome. Thanks for suggesting us this idea, congrats for your wonderful channel growth. Hopefully it will work for me too
I like Tube Buddy. You can also use it to see what tags are on videos that you watch as well to get ideas. It's amazing to me that I will get a much different result if I use "adorable" versus "cute" so I have to play around a lot to get a few decent tags. I hope you like using it. It is kind of fun.

Political Junkie News

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Thanks for sharing. I also made a resolution in January to focus on SEO. The results have been modest, but nice.
Keep us updated. After 6 months or a year of focusing on SEO, I plan to make a thread like this as well with my results.