Just shared my channel with friends.. feeling nervous!

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, today for the first time, I shared my channel on my personal facebook page and I've been feeling really nervous and really embarrassed (? for lack of a better word)...:cold:

I know I shouldn't care what people think and the people who have seen my videos have told me that they're really good and I have nothing to be embarrassed about, but I still feel nervous sharing my videos with people who know me for some reason. I'm dreading the day one of my friends or coworkers comes up to me and says "I checked out your videos". Any advice on how to get past this nervous, embarrassed feeling? Am I the only one who this was a difficult step for?

Thanks all!

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I mean i try to avoid facebook i don't really know how to share our channel there without looking needy :p

Good luck though! you'll get some honest feedback there is no need to be nervous this will likely help your channel and grab you a few subs. :)

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I mean i try to avoid facebook i don't really know how to share our channel there without looking needy :p

Good luck though! you'll get some honest feedback there is no need to be nervous this will likely help your channel and grab you a few subs. :)
Lol i thought the same, but decided to go for it anyways.. i just shared one of my videos

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have shared some of my videos on Facebook, and it has gotten some positive reviews, and I know some of my brothers has seen them as well, and they give constructive criticism!
You could get a good response and some constructive criticism. I you really care what people think, you shouldn´t post on Reddit!

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Lol i thought the same, but decided to go for it anyways.. i just shared one of my videos
I'm not saying you shouldn't i say you should! i'm considering posting my channel soon since we are so damn close to 700 it hurts!

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I understand! I was so nervous the first time I posted one of my videos on Facebook. For some reason it's scarier with people you know than strangers haha it helps with feedback though, and gives your friends an insight to a different side of you, at lease with me that's how I feel. Now I share my new videos all the time! Good luck though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheVlogTheory

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Well, nothing to be nervous about! I've been sharing my videos on my facebook since I started, and that was in 2009. All of my close friends and family are supportive and love what I do and are happy that I share. There were kids that randomly came up to me in high school and told me they loved my stuff and I had no idea who they were. It's an amazing experience.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You will never stop thinking about what people think of your videos. Let that motivate you not stress you out!

The best YouTubers get nervous and worried about their videos if they don't make a million views in one day. We all worry about different things and that's normal. You need to accept that you make videos, take a deep breath, step back a little, and keep going. Be proud of it and if people don't support that (Why would anyone want to do that?) then don't worry about them.

Just Cause

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
Lol, it took me about 5 years before I said whatever and shared a clip on Facebook, no one even viewed it (only have like 12 friends on there) I don't even let my wife watch my videos, I don't think that weird feeling ever goes away[DOUBLEPOST=1496282166,1496276842][/DOUBLEPOST]I just watched one of your videos, nothing to be nervous about, your editing is great, and your channel has a topic, my videos are so random and unedited. You will do good on Youtube, just don't give up it can take time.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Lol, it took me about 5 years before I said whatever and shared a clip on Facebook, no one even viewed it (only have like 12 friends on there) I don't even let my wife watch my videos, I don't think that weird feeling ever goes away[DOUBLEPOST=1496282166,1496276842][/DOUBLEPOST]I just watched one of your videos, nothing to be nervous about, your editing is great, and your channel has a topic, my videos are so random and unedited. You will do good on Youtube, just don't give up it can take time.

I really, truly appreciate your positive feedback, and the push forward, sometimes I need a little motivation to keep me going.. Good to know you're in the same boat ad well!
I've always been so shy and inteoverted and this is honestly the first time I've done something to come out of my shell and it can really get a little fruatrating and nerve-wracking sometimes, I guess that's also why I've had such a hard time sharing with people I know. Thank you again for the response and feedback!