• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Just hit 10k subs 2-3 hours ago!

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm averaging 100+ subs per day last 10ish days, compared to my usual 15-20, so the 10k happened way before I expected. I thought October/November, but nope, YT algo decided to push my latest video to a bunch of new people.
I'm also 15k views away from my first million views, which could happen in the next 3-4 days if YT algo keeps me on the frontpage.

So, I pretty much reached 2/3 of my 2020 goals. Unfortunately, I'm still far far away from having 200 videos on the channel, but I'm not going to say I won't make it yet, because I will start live-streaming Baldur's Gate 3 and expanding my range of topics on the channel.

100k subs in 2021? I think I can do it, but we'll see...

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congratulation, a great milestone!

I'm hoping to reach 2M views and 3k subs before new year. Not sure if I'm going to make it but I rather aim high. Getting subs have always been much harder to me than getting views.

Reactions: Min/Max Munchking

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
The real value of high sub count is a bit hard to quantify. Besides the 1k requirement for monetization, it doesn't have any obvious impact for a channel.

However, perception matters too, when you watch a video from a channel with half a million subscribers, you subconsciously give it more legitimacy than a channel with just 678 subscribers, because all of us have a little bit of that "well, if 500,000 people approve of this channel, it must be better than that one which just got 678 endorsements" sentiment going on.

Even though, logically, that half a mill channel might actually just be cruising by and maintaining with mid-quality content because it's already established, while the up and coming less-than-1k subs channel might be putting out the highest quality possible, it's just that it hasn't broken out yet.

So, yeah, numbers do matter, one way or another.

Reactions: soyogaming and Ater

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
UPDATE: I almost forgot the channel officially reached its first million views too about a week ago. Next up, 10 million - realistically 2022, but I can sort of see it happening in 2021 too, if I clean up my act and further step up my YT game.

Reactions: Ater

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
That's great work. I'm on 11 subs at the moment ...it might be a while before I catch up !!
Keep experimenting, now's the best time for you to figure out what kind of topics, videos and style tick your audience and indirectly tick the algorithm to recommend you to more people. As much as breaking through the algorithm barrier seems impossible, there's so much traffic on YT alone it really makes no sense chasing after views from other platforms.