Jukin Media Owes Me Money: Need Advice

Aquachigger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a contract with Jukin Media for one of my videos and have run into a problem. They didn't pay me for the last few months they managed (and collected the revenue from) my video. They quit paying me right after I sent to them notice that I did not want to renew the contract...lol.

The contract has been over for 3 months now, so it's pretty obvious they plan to keep my money.

It's only a few hundred dollars but I hate to be ripped off like that. My Jukin contact will not return email and I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of someone else there that I can talk to or have other advice? Thanks...

Reactions: Chris ODubhraic

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is the type of thing it might be good to get a lawyer friend to write up a letter for (a physical letter, to their home office) and send to them. Not enough to hire someone, if it's going to cost more in fees, but if you know someone who'll do you a favor, that can often do the trick for companies who are trying to just ignore you.

Aquachigger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is the type of thing it might be good to get a lawyer friend to write up a letter for (a physical letter, to their home office) and send to them. Not enough to hire someone, if it's going to cost more in fees, but if you know someone who'll do you a favor, that can often do the trick for companies who are trying to just ignore you.

I don't have anyone to do that, and like you say since the amount is so low, it's not really worth investing in a lawyer. I'm hoping someone here may have a contact or have been through this before and has a low-cost tip or two.

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
Did you try find a support email? It's possible your contact could not work there anymore.

Edit: jukinmedia.com/contact-us There's their phone number, I'd suggest calling them.

Andy b

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey chig didn't realise you was on this forum :) sorry to hear your having some troubles with your network.

Happy hunting

Reactions: Aquachigger

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Have you considered using a debt collector on a commission basis? If it were me, I'd contact one close to their offices who would actually pay them a visit. Giving them 50% of the collected debt would make it worth their while for a couple of hours work.

Reactions: Shalom

Aquachigger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did you try find a support email? It's possible your contact could not work there anymore.

Edit: jukinmedia.com/contact-us There's their phone number, I'd suggest calling them.
Thanks for the link. I have called them, and they said they would look into it, but no one has called me back yet.

Shalom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you considered using a debt collector on a commission basis? If it were me, I'd contact one close to their offices who would actually pay them a visit. Giving them 50% of the collected debt would make it worth their while for a couple of hours work.
this is by far the your best bet, or you can get a lawyer to write up something and mail it to them for little to no money but it's going to take you some research. good luck

Aquachigger

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
this is by far the your best bet, or you can get a lawyer to write up something and mail it to them for little to no money but it's going to take you some research. good luck
I have been in contact with reps from there, and they assure me I will be paid out. But I'm still waiting... :(

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Aquachigger don't stop calling them, they would need to give you your payment whatever you did... Also, try to get some lawyer which would also contact them on daily basis (multiple times a day, I know that is hard to get money to you after some problems but this worked for me at mobile operator back in days when they payed 3 times more then it was spent in month)...