Ive collabed with smalleer tubers, how would i approach larger tubers?

FalsePhoenix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, i run a 250 sub YouTube channel on gaming, not the regular games, the more laid back simulation ones, anyway, i was wondering about other peoples thoughts on contacting "Large" youtuber's for collabs. I recently completed (as in actually made a series) with a channel at 3K and it went pretty well. Of coarse it is better to try and do more collabs as it = more exposure. But is it a good idea to contact someone at the 200k mark and if so wtf would i even say...

Reactions: evoloz

TheHerdLife

Reaction score
We have found that much larger channels don't want to waste their time. But if never hurts to ask. You might get surprised and someone will say yes.

ExoHydraX

Reaction score
Hmmm... Like the previous message says never hurts to try

but I highly doubt that a very big channel would collaborate with a smaller channel unless you have something to bring to them maybe you're very funny or skilled etc ...

Reactions: shahinmp

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Depends on the channel. Usually big channels won't collab because they don't want to work with a smaller channels.
In my experience make friends and people will likely want to collaborate regardless of size.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

You're very unlikely to even get a reply tbh.

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi, i run a 250 sub YouTube channel on gaming, not the regular games, the more laid back simulation ones, anyway, i was wondering about other peoples thoughts on contacting "Large" youtuber's for collabs. I recently completed (as in actually made a series) with a channel at 3K and it went pretty well. Of coarse it is better to try and do more collabs as it = more exposure. But is it a good idea to contact someone at the 200k mark and if so wtf would i even say...
Bigger Youtubers won't collab with you forget it. It will not happen. Stick with YouTubers your own size.[DOUBLEPOST=1506913096,1506912931][/DOUBLEPOST]
Better to work with someone your own size and grow together. Bigger channels won't reply, trust me , is a waste of time.
Your right

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just want to counter the negativity in this thread a little bit. Yes, it is higly unlikely a channel with literally a 1000x more subs than you will collab with you, but this is not because they are all high and mighty (some might, but not all). Consider their situation, they probably get tens or hunderds of message every day and get invited to collabs a lot. If they say yes to one small channel, they will get even more bombarded with requests from small channels. Another big issue is the fact that a collab should benefit both sides. Collabing with a much larger channel then yours is obviously only benefitting to you.

So yeah, stick to people your size and try to make contacts in your YT segment. Who knows you might form a friendship or two which will open some doors :)

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
you'd have to offer more an email like "lets colab" will be ignored as they will likely get tons of those.

instead of just asking for a collab, give examples and ideas of what you plan to do with them, and WHY they are important to be your partner, if its just for views, then theres no point. if you think your styles, or personalities will match well or other ideas, then share that with them. If you put the extra effort in they may be more interested