It's nice to be able to watch your channel grow!

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone:

I've only been on YTTALK for about a month now give or take a week or so.
And I've seem and read a lot of ideas on how to grow your channel.

With my Star Wars Clone Wars channel is was pretty simple make music videos using Clone Wars footage. I quickly began to grow a fan base and it seem to take off on its own.

Now the Chatting with MarkStise channel was meant to be more of a vlog, a Montague of subjects or things that interested me. So it has been growing rather slowly.

One of the things I enjoy about YTtalk is the fact that other members will comment and offer suggestions on how to grow your channel. One such suggestion was promoting your videos on social media (without spamming of course)
Fact is I often monitor my channel to see how many people watching my videos and its really awesome to see those numbers spike ever so often!
It's like getting a shot in the arm....

So I want to take hi opportunity to thank you guys.

Mark Stise

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is indeed enjoyable watching your channel grow. Especially when you have put in so much time and effort and believe what you have created is the best thing since sliced bread!
It of course does take time but keep up with the good quality content and you will reach your goals.
How often do you check your stats?

Reactions: Mark Stise

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is indeed enjoyable watching your channel grow. Especially when you have put in so much time and effort and believe what you have created is the best thing since sliced bread!
It of course does take time but keep up with the good quality content and you will reach your goals.
How often do you check your stats?
To be perfectly honest
I check my stats daily
I even have a excel spread sheet to try and help me track what videos are moving and what videos aren't.
I realize I don't have that many subscribers as yet
But I enjoy my Chatting channel a lot because I can chat about what ever I want. (With the Star Wars Channel I was limited to just that Star Wars)
So yeah I do keep track of my videos and check daily.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It is a nice thing, to see your hard work pay off. I'm glad you're enjoying the process!

Reactions: Mark Stise

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is a nice thing, to see your hard work pay off. I'm glad you're enjoying the process!
Yes it is
I know my Chatting channel does not have a central theme and it might take longer to gain subscribers
But you it is nice to see people viewing my videos

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It is indeed, really nice something you so hard on allow growth on your channel. Time is key point on YT, but when you see other people enjoy your content and give it such nice praise I think that is just the icing on the cake :)

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
For me half of the fun doing YouTube is analyzing my stats daily and being happy about the growths. I also created an excel sheet. The excel sheet tracks for each year, videos uploaded during which year gathered how many views. So in the year 2017 for example most views came from videos uploaded in 2016 (yellow), then 2014 (orange), then 2017 (blue), then 2015 (grey), then 2013 (dark blue).
upload_2018-3-15_21-49-47.png

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'll never forget the day my Channel watch time took off from 0:00 seconds and never went back down there...it was November 20th last year :) thats the thing im probably most proud of :) its nice to see growth happen, sometimes its slow and other times its like a wrecking ball. but as long as you keep growing the world seems like a better place :)