Issues syncing audio and video FCPX

ZactheRipper

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hey everyone I have used final cut pro x for sometime now and know about synchronizing clips based on audio. Lately however I have been editing facecam, game play, and separate audio files for both, to make a single video... I end up spending more time trying to line up the audio than editing the footage... I really need help since synchronize has been lining up the audio just fine but the video always seems to be 1 or 2 seconds off and i feel like im watching a foreign movie being translated to english. I find myself clipping and moving the clips to try to line up just to be a hair off in the other direction...
Facecam has its own audio which i line up with my microphone audio then mute the facecam
game play has the audible clap along with the facecam and microphone files and still I cannot seem to get it right... or when I do, 10 minutes into the video the sound is off again and i dont know why.

anyone know of any software that makes this easier so i can get right into the footage?

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Gameplay can be tricky but the best method when you're recording your audio separately is to start recording the audio first.
Then switch over to your capture software, then announce "3, 2, 1, sync" once you say "sync".
Simultaneously hit the record for your capture program as you say "sync".

This way when you go back into final cut pro, cut out the audio up to the part where you said "sync" and this is where you align your gameplay footage. Then you can be free to cut and edit as you wish without worrying about the audio not being synced to the footage. Hope that helps.

Opals Jewels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Reviewer
The FPS is off... I like using Handbrake. It helps to fix the problem.