Is YT killing my channel? Can I do anything?

martingray360

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First 4-5 weeks have been awesome with views over 2500 daily, over 4000 on weekends. Later something changed. Entire week steady traffic of 2500 views over 48h, with spike to 3300; next week in dropped to 1800 with spike to 2500, now it dropped to 1300 every 48h.

If it continues, I will have 0 visit in 2 weeks. I have heard in this forum (can't past name as it's blocked) that they experienced what they called algorithmic leveling, but change was every 3 weeks and increasing traffic.

Anyone else experiences anything similar? Should I keep hope afloat or search "how to close channel"?
views.JPG

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Because this thread is channel-specific, I have moved it to the review/feedback forum. ^_^

Andy b

I've Got It
Reaction score
Sounds exactly like what happened to a few of my popular vids. You can check if it is the same thing by looking at where your traffic is coming from, look if the majority was coming from suggested videos.
When your video is doing well YouTube promote it by suggesting it to watchers, this will only happen while it is relevant though. As soon as watch time starts declining or as soon as the sharing and interaction dries up YouTube boost the traffic and then slow it right down to a trickle. I have noticed it over 4 videos now, it means it is time to upload a new masterpiece[DOUBLEPOST=1476885304,1476885195][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because this thread is channel-specific, I have moved it to the review/feedback forum. ^_^
To be honest I would say it sets better in the strategy board because they are not asking for a review or feedback but are asking for help with analytics

Reactions: martingray360

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
My August to September graph looks like your graph, kinda, but its slowly going back up again in October. Though, now a different video is getting all the views for my channel while the one before is getting less than usual.
upload_2016-10-19_21-56-31.png
There's a few times that it goes down and back up, but September was the worst(for me). Its up to you what you want to do with your channel, but its only been 2 months for you. Me personally, I like to evaluate my channel every 6 months.

I know why September was kinda bad. Its the type of videos I published during those times, so yeah...

Reactions: martingray360

JRuncie

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmmmm interesting.... I find if I don't upload my views drop off.

I've attached a chart that shows my views for the last 28 days. The major drops = no video upload. I'm expecting to see one again tomorrow from not uploading two days ago. (my analytics are about two days behind)

Attachments