is twitter good to get some traffic? And how can i use it?

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always used reddit to get some traffic to my videos, people here keep mentioning twitter is an excellent
source of views as well, what do you guys think? I never handled with twitter before, so i'm not sure
what to do after creating the account, since i'll have no followers or anything.

Reactions: Oliver Lesh

ttothes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah it is, follow people of interest or people that are doing similar things as you on their channel, start interacting and you never know who might be interested. Rt's help a lot as well.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So, I am extremely new to Twitter. As in, I just made an account a week ago new. But key to any social media is INTERACTION. Don't make a account and wait for people to find you. That isn't how it works. Find groups that can help you, such as @RTsmallyoutubers, they Retweet videos of small Youtubers. Also, involve yourself in other peoples communities. Comment, retweet, contribute. That is how people will find you.

Reactions: Beneviolant

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Twitter but probably not enough yet. Just wondered how does Reddit work and is it worthwhile.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get most my views from facebook but I am trying to build up my twitter as well

I think twitter us create for interaction when you have a following to interact with your tweets. I prefer twitter as a social network

However facebook got me most of my views even when I wasnt very active on there... now I concentrate on facebook

The main point is to interact with others (without mentioning your videos)

I see a lot of people having twitter and only posting their video links

Make sure you promote 20% of the time and 70% something else

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yeah it is, follow people of interest or people that are doing similar things as you on their channel, start interacting and you never know who might be interested. Rt's help a lot as well.
When you say "Rt's" what are you referring to? My bad sorry if my question is silly... not sure what you are referring to :)

ttothes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you say "Rt's" what are you referring to? My bad sorry if my question is silly... not sure what you are referring to :)
Yes it means when someone else shares your tweet on to their timeline so the people that are following that person will see your tweet, like sharing on Facebook

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Find groups that can help you, such as @RTsmallyoutubers, they Retweet videos of small Youtubers.
Not to sound contrary, 'cause getting your videos out to thousands of people with just one click is awesome, but most folks appear to have the bulk RT accounts they follow, muted. In the two or three I've used in the past, I never got one view from their RT's.

I also don't buy into tweet percentage splits... tweet when you have something relevant to say. Whenever you post a video, tweet it, maybe a couple tweets earlier in the day to remind people a new video is coming. Tweet the video again a few days later for anyone who might have missed it. Through the week, if something relevant to your channel occurs, tweet about it. But don't tweet just for the sake of maintaining a tweet percentage... you do music, think of your favorite recording artist... would you want them to tweet when they came out with a new song and when they wanted to keep you abreast of band developments? Or have 80% of their tweets be about their personal politics?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
RT is short for Retweet, so with Rt's he means Retweets ;)
Thanks! I never would have guessed LOL I'm new to all this :)[DOUBLEPOST=1508109780,1508109722][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes it means when someone else shares your tweet on to their timeline so the people that are following that person will see your tweet, like sharing on Facebook
I see thanks!