Is Tubebuddy safe?

Reaction score
I was just trying to add Tubebuddy. It asked for unusual permissions like having full access to my YouTube account, which will allow it to change any thing in my account like editing videos, so much so, even deleting videos, and so on.

I am wondering why it need access for editing & deleting videos?

My question is: one - Is it safe to install & use it?; two - Is it of much use besides suggesting tags & creating thumbnails. We can search for tags using Youtube search feature itself and make thumb nails by using Canva. So why use Tubebuddy?

Dawayne West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ya it's safe I've had a $4 membership ( I'm under 1000 subs that's how I got it) for a month but I got rid of it cause all I used it for were tags and thumbnails but honestly it gives you a free subscription to audio hero so there is free royalty free music is it woth it? It depends what you use it for in my opinion

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
It asked for unusual permissions like having full access to my YouTube account, which will allow it to change any thing in my account like editing videos, so much so, even deleting videos, and so on.
Yes, this is because functions of Tubebutty include things like mass editing the description of your videos. Therefore Tubebuddy needs to be permitted to edit and delete videos. However, they won't do so without your consent, it is just so the functions can be used. It sounds like 'the program' will edit your videos at will, but it is allowing YOU to edit videos through Tubebuddy. Hope that makes sense for you :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
TubeBuddy is amazing! I personally use it for my channel and it's helped me with my SEO tremendously.

CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
TubeBuddy is quite good extension and yes, it is safe! :)

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I like it and use it a lot. The main use for me has been for channel and topic analytics, keyword research, etc. It is a relatively low cost tool to help the channel grow long term. I look at it as an investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Totally safe! I believe they even work close to YouTube. I've been using pretty much since I started my channel and can't complain

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tubebuddy is safe and one of the best free tools if you want to work with SEO in a serious manner. I have used TB for quite a while now and it is a great tool when it comes to tags and titles. I know you can pay a bit to some of TBs other servecies but I have never tried them so i dint know how they work