Is this new?

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Now when they age gate your videos... they don't tell you why?

Hi Jay Zippo,

We have reviewed your content and determined that it may not be suitable for viewers under the age of 18, per our Community Guidelines. As a result, we've age-restricted the following content:

Video: Fresh Reload & New Outfits - Fallout 4 Season 7 Supplemental

We haven't applied a strike to your channel, and your content is still live for some users on YouTube. Keep reading for more details on what this means and steps you can take if you'd like to appeal this decision.

What "age-restricted" means

We age-restrict content when we don't think it's suitable for younger audiences. This means it will not be visible to users who are logged out, are under 18 years of age, or have Restricted Mode enabled. Learn more about age restrictions.

So before they would say "Sex and Nudity" or "harrassment & BUlly" or whatever. Though I never got a harrssment one, I would quit if I was doing anything like that.

Now their broken a** system wont even tell you why...

It reallllly reallllly sucks that there is no alternative right now. I get so fed up with these clowns.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your channel is set as "made for kids"? I have mine at "not made for kids" does this effects the views a lot or no difference?
I do not have it set for kids. In fact in bold letters a little ways down the description it also states NOT MADE FOR KIDS. LOL. It is even in my channel description. There will never be a question about that. As much as I fault Youtube for being poopoo caa caa, that is something I understand and can appreciate.

Well because I am the bottom of the barrel, it doesn't affect the views, maybe even gives me a boast who knows. But if I was hitting 3-400 views it could.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Age restricting is nothing new. I do not know if it is an AI or human driven (likely AI). Did you see if there was an appeal option?
Oh there is an appeal button.

Unless it is catastrophic, NEVER EVER EVER use the appeal button.

A few age gates and a thumbnail removal... I will deal with. Honestly my channel and my videos do not have content in them to warrant it. I'll just shut my mouth and move on, mumbling to myself its free and I can upload a ton f I want, etc...

I have seen:

A channel gets hit with a age gate or a thumbnail removal. They challenge it. I have yet to see it get straightened out unless it is a HUGE channel. BUT not only does it get denied, multiple other vids start to get hit with thumbnail removals and age gates, etc. Like they are going after them for questioning their decision. Not trying to be mr.conspiracy theory here... but why take the risk unless it is worth it.

So be very careful with any kind of review, they tend to go farther than just the initial claim.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Age restricting is nothing new. I do not know if it is an AI or human driven (likely AI). Did you see if there was an appeal option?
The website was acting up might want to delete this.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Oh there is an appeal button.

Unless it is catastrophic, NEVER EVER EVER use the appeal button.

A few age gates and a thumbnail removal... I will deal with. Honestly my channel and my videos do not have content in them to warrant it. I'll just shut my mouth and move on, mumbling to myself its free and I can upload a ton f I want, etc...

I have seen:

A channel gets hit with a age gate or a thumbnail removal. They challenge it. I have yet to see it get straightened out unless it is a HUGE channel. BUT not only does it get denied, multiple other vids start to get hit with thumbnail removals and age gates, etc. Like they are going after them for questioning their decision. Not trying to be mr.conspiracy theory here... but why take the risk unless it is worth it.

So be very careful with any kind of review, they tend to go farther than just the initial claim.
Just as an aside to the main point of the thread, but i've had several of my thumbnails removed when they absolutely wernt age inappropriate and after challenging them (on the grounds that 95% of them were film posters that were hung in actual cinemas up and down the country...some over 50 years ago) they cant be sexually inappropriate. and youtubes released every single one after appeal. while I think you might open yourself up to further scrutiny if you appeal a claim (because someone has to manually check your content after a claims made) I dont think they're specifically going after anyone for appealing a decision made by a bot.

But as a point on the wider thread. it sucks all KINDS of butt that they arnt even telling you WHY contents being age restricted. How are creators supposed to learn if they're given no guidence?

Reactions: JayZippo

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But as a point on the wider thread. it sucks all KINDS of butt that they arnt even telling you WHY contents being age restricted. How are creators supposed to learn if they're given no guidence?
This should be the tagline for Youtube.

YOUTUBE
"Transparent as a block of steel, why learn anything?"

It has a ring to it.