Is this a good idea for a gaming 'Let's Play'....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was going to do a Let's Play of all 3 Gears Of War games in one playlist, entitled 'GoW: The Full Story'.

It would take ages but I think if done well it would be an awesome series.

What do ya'll think?

Thx :D

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it would be, it could help a lot of people who didnt bother with the first few games catch up. I never got into Gears of War 1 when it was out but I was playing Gears of War 3 the other and kind of regretted not playing the others first, I dont get any of the references to the older characters, people who have died etc and this could help me stay on track of the storyline without having to play them myself.

Other than my own reasons it seems very ambitious but a challenge worth doing, if you are doing all three would it not be better to do walkthroughs of each one showing how to get past this part and that part? Of course its entirely up to you and its still a good idea.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it would be, it could help a lot of people who didnt bother with the first few games catch up. I never got into Gears of War 1 when it was out but I was playing Gears of War 3 the other and kind of regretted not playing the others first, I dont get any of the references to the older characters, people who have died etc and this could help me stay on track of the storyline without having to play them myself.

Other than my own reasons it seems very ambitious but a challenge worth doing, if you are doing all three would it not be better to do walkthroughs of each one showing how to get past this part and that part? Of course its entirely up to you and its still a good idea.
Thanks for the speedy reply :D Gears of War is one of the most story driven game series' of the recent gaming years, in my opinion it's story outweighs that of Halo...

I too never played the first, I played the second a lot, and I am just starting the third.

I would prefer a Let's Play where I go through and give my reactions to events, seeing as the 2nd is the only one where I know what's coming next. I would however offer tips here and there and point out fun facts or specific story points that you may overlook on first sight (for example there has been a Carmine in every game, they are all brothers and only one survives)

Once again, thx for the speedy reply and ideas :D

Ayumu Kagami

Infinity Games
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
You might want to change it to the full title, GoW, I personally would put it as Gears of War rather than GoW because whenever i see GoW i thikn of God of War (although i dont like that series thats how most people i know refer to it) But i think that would be a pretty cool idea for a lets play. Its one of those games that not everyone can get their hands on, like PS3 users wont be able to play the game. I am one of those people, i had an xbox and beat 1,2 but then my xbox broke so i never got to play 3.
So long as you apply some interesting commentary any video should be good. Im doing the game minecraft for a let's play, take a look and tell me what you think if your interested, also i will keep an eye out to see when your LP comes out.

Reactions: Michael

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're going GOW1-GOW3? That would be cool. That's what I'm going to do in Assassin's Creed.:D

Reactions: Michael

HurtBunnyLook

HurtBunnyLook
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea sounds like a good series but in the title use full name so Gears of War.

DroidDavi

Reaction score
I was thinking of making a 2nd channel with just Lets plays since they seem simple and I play games anyways

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Werewilf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would also put each game in their own playlist just incase someone wants to watch only one game playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.