Is there a way to post for view later (unscheduled)?

MOT2323

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am brand spanking new here and so glad to have found this forum! I have a question. I have some videos for my channel but they go along with a site I have created that is not live yet but I want to imbed the videos on the site now prior to the launch.

• Is there a way to upload the video now and use the link in my site and keep it from going public?
  • One option is to make it private but will the link change if I go back and make the video public later?

THANKS!

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
That will work.

Youtube links dont change, actually, you can copy the link even before the video is done processing on Youtube.

If the user isn't able to see the video via the direct link, they won't be able to see it where it's embedded either until you make the video public or unlisted.

You can always run a test to make sure

Hope that helps. and welcome to YTtalk.

Reactions: MOT2323

MOT2323

Reaction score
That will work.

Youtube links dont change, actually, you can copy the link even before the video is done processing on Youtube.

If the user isn't able to see the video via the direct link, they won't be able to see it where it's embedded either until you make the video public or unlisted.

You can always run a test to make sure

Hope that helps. and welcome to YTtalk.
Thank you!

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Setting it to private will not work. You need to set it to 'unlisted'. Then it will work.
I may be wrong, but I think they want to design their website with all the embed links and then when it's time, push public and have all the embed links go public too.

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I may be wrong, but I think they want to design their website with all the embed links and then when it's time, push public and have all the embed links go public too.
Aaah. Yes, I think you are right. I misunderstood what was going on. My bad. In that case, either private or unlisted will work : )