Is my YouTube name "appealing", YES or NO?!?!

WinterstrikegamingYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello all I rebranded a couple of months ago but currently trying to settle down in a new house to start up videos and streams again but I'm having a hard time dwelling on my name. I used to be branded as "WinterStrikeGaming" but it sounded cringe to me, never fit anywhere without being cut off, and was childish but yet I'm not really comfortable with my new current name "MightyJackal". Should I keep this name(MightyJackal) or go back to WinterStrikeGaming or completely re brand yet again. I have to be able to see an oc (original character) that can be made from my name and also sounds good/catchy for me to use it.

**Side note**: I made the name MightyJackal for its uniqness while also playing off an animal like most youtubers do and brainstorming ideas from Moo(Moosnuckle from vanoss group) and Bigjigglypanda also from vanoss group.If you have any input of names please drop them below.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the branding forum. :)

I like the name "Mighty Jackal" - It's much better than your previous name. - It's shorter and easy to remember. I'd recommend you register social media accounts in the name if you're going to be doing this seriously. Good luck. :)

Reactions: GiggaVega

likeups

Reaction score
Website
www.likesups.com
Channel Type
Musician
WinterstrikegamingYT
Thanks for asking suggestions
If you are comfortable with current name, there there is no problem but it will take some time to build yourself as a brand

Reetae27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like MightyJackal because it's broader and more encompassing than WinterStrikeGaming.

NateStanley

Editor / Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Besides a name being cringe, it doesn’t have a lot of play in your channel. I like the name MightyJackal, sounds cool. Don’t dwell on the name too much as people won’t remember you for you name, but for your content.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
experiment with whatever name you want while the channel is small,,,,,,,, have you tried videos of your pc build/components/setup?or fans blowing on ps4 to keep it cool....... btw awesome looking sound deadening you got there..................................I started the channel with world of tanks pc game then switched to videography

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Names say a lot about a channel. You always want to stay away from generic sounding names. Mighty Jacal sounds better. But what does it say about you and the channel.

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sounds very cringey TBH. Just imagine that you are announcing the in front of all your friends about your channel. What name would you be comfortable with?
Preferably something that doesn't make you want to run away in embarassment