Is my content interesting & engaging?

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'd like some feedback if my last video is interesting or entertaining? Any suggestions on improving in the future? SEO improvements welcome too.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandolla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just watched your last video, it's definitely interesting and kinda made me open my eyes on the culture shock you must be experiencing in Japan, as well as that, the locals must be experiencing having an English woman, or even a woman of European descent, fluently speaking Japanese. However, I will say the quality of the camera is a tad bit distracting, but your viewers don't seem to mind. You seem to have a somewhat consistent amount of views, with your most popular being the japan vs korea.

My advice is to feed off of that video, do more comparisons between Japan and Korea, and neighboring countries. Additionally, you're in one of the best positions ever to be on youtube, since you live in Japan and are bilingual you can really showcase Japan for what it is, and what so many foreigners are obsessed with. I would recommend shifting your focus on your channel to emerging yourself in Japanese culture on camera. Trying new foods, japanese snacks, j-pop/k-pop reactions, all those things. Find the weird things in Japan that would make us overseas go "wtf". Also continue doing more culture shock videos in addition to that. Overall, I'd suggest centralizing on showcasing Japanese Culture and sharing your experiences (which is essentially what you're already doing).

Keep it up, you seem to be on roll! Btw, are your subs matching up with your views?

Reactions: Feathers

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I watched your Japan v. Korea video, and I love it! Love your accent, and your content. I agree with @brandolla that the video quality could be better, especially when you're so pretty! It seems that most of your videos are filmed in your bedroom. It think it would be really interesting to get a pretty backdrop (decoration), and have a variety of videos, such as interviewing a Japanese friend about the culture differences, or even going to the streets and interview people. Collaborations also help grow your channel. <3

Let me know what you think, and if you'd be interested in collaborating.

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks guys, I have some ideas to get more variety into it definitely! I'm not in Japan for the next 6 months so I can't implement stuff have direct visual of Japan but I did wanna expand it. I think that one is doing really well cause it's a suggestion for a popular video. :') I didn't start properly until recently but it goes up slowly - like 1 to 2 per day. Not much at all really. xD And I'd love to collab! I think it could be fun. :)

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks guys, I have some ideas to get more variety into it definitely! I'm not in Japan for the next 6 months so I can't implement stuff have direct visual of Japan but I did wanna expand it. I think that one is doing really well cause it's a suggestion for a popular video. :') I didn't start properly until recently but it goes up slowly - like 1 to 2 per day. Not much at all really. xD And I'd love to collab! I think it could be fun. :)
We can connect thru email or google doc: ch852production@gmail.com
:D

AMX Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hi feathers ok so at certain points the audio and camera are a bit of sync. i believe you are very entertaining, you have some nice content where you are sharing moments that most of us haven't seen or lived. fix those minor issues and you got yourself a great thing going, i did see that you upload what...monthly? anyway big like i had fun listening to your stories.