Is it really necessary to have a set schedule when posting our videos?

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I am most likely going to do a video on this very question.
But it still needs to be asked.
My channel currently has 200+ videos to date.
I like not having a set schedule for posting my videos as I general post them on each and every weekend of the month.
I like not having the pressure of having to post a video by a certain date.
If I don't have any ideas or really need some time off because a video isn't coming together then I'll post it the next week or week after that.

For me, I need that sense of freedom and the ability NOT to feel like I under some sort of deadline. It's helps with my creativity.
So I ask you

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I am most likely going to do a video on this very question.
But it still needs to be asked.
My channel currently has 200+ videos to date.
I like not having a set schedule for posting my videos as I general post them on each and every weekend of the month.
I like not having the pressure of having to post a video by a certain date.
If I don't have any ideas or really need some time off because a video isn't coming together then I'll post it the next week or week after that.

For me, I need that sense of freedom and the ability NOT to feel like I under some sort of deadline. It's helps with my creativity.
So I ask you
The argument for having a schedule is that your audience will know when to expect your videos. It is also something that you could put on your banner to let people know that you upload regularly.

What you could do to keep a schedule is record multiple videos when you have ideas and schedule them into the future. That was if there's a long period where you're out of ideas, you'll still have content that will be going live on a certain day.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
No...

As a viewer, I never sit around Tuesday's at 7:30 waiting for one of the channels I subscribe to, to post their next video. I had to do this in the old days when watching TV, before I had a DVR or VCR, but now that we have youtube, i know how to go through my subscription list and watch all the new videos - and I'm pretty sure that anyone smart enough to click the "subscribe" button is also smart enough to go through their list of subscriptions to see the newest videos.

Do YOU sit around at a certain time waiting for your favorite channels to post their next video? Do you KNOW anybody that does this? Does ANYBODY know anybody that does this?

Don't believe everything the "experts" tell you, especially when it contradicts common sense.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The only thing necessary is consistent good content.

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't believe everything the "experts" tell you, especially when it contradicts common sense.

TheFreshBiz

FreshTechTV
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it is only necessary if you have a series or show on your channel. Same reason walking dead comes on every Sunday. For anticipated content there should be a schedule. Now with everything else I think it is more important to have a set number of uploads per week (once, twice, etc.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark Stise