Is it easy to make REAL subs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OK, OK what i mean here is this. I see channels with hundreds of subs, in the space of several months when they first launch their channels, yet here i am almost a year later, same content and barley hitting 100 subs. is their a trick to it? do these people, spam sub for sub? of are they paying for views/subs? I just find it weird is all, especially since i may be on youtube longer then them.
I relize that being apart of youtube is not a key to instant success, but still, it makes you wonder.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's no trick. Time on platform has absolutely nothing to do with it. There's more-or-less 5 ways to get subs/views:

1. sub 4 sub or it's cousin, relationship for relationship
2. Adwords
3. hit targeted keywords and trends getting your vids to show up in front of targeted traffic
4. upload videos often, sit back and let the natural ebbs and flows of the platform get you views and subs
5. try social media, ideally where your audience lives when they are no on Yt

Each has its benefits and drawbacks, and some should be used only after research and understanding effects of the strategy.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's no trick. Time on platform has absolutely nothing to do with it. There's more-or-less 5 ways to get subs/views:

1. sub 4 sub or it's cousin, relationship for relationship
2. Adwords
3. hit targeted keywords and trends getting your vids to show up in front of targeted traffic
4. upload videos often, sit back and let the natural ebbs and flows of the platform get you views and subs
5. try social media, ideally where your audience lives when they are no on Yt

Each has its benefits and drawbacks, and some should be used only after research and understanding effects of the strategy.
nothing i do not already know, unfortunately, but thanks all the same. figured as much.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
OK, OK what i mean here is this. I see channels with hundreds of subs, in the space of several months when they first launch their channels, yet here i am almost a year later, same content and barley hitting 100 subs. is their a trick to it? do these people, spam sub for sub? of are they paying for views/subs? I just find it weird is all, especially since i may be on youtube longer then them.
I relize that being apart of youtube is not a key to instant success, but still, it makes you wonder.
It doesn't matter how long you are on YouTube, what matters is how good your content is, if you can stay updated, relevant or unique, having great SEO so people can find your video and etc. Too many different factors but sadly some people do sub4sub but if their content is good then yeah, they probably didn't sub4sub and people just like them. I've been on it for 6 months and got a decent amount of subs -- never paid a dime for any "fake" subs.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It doesn't matter how long you are on YouTube, what matters is how good your content is, if you can stay updated, relevant or unique, having great SEO so people can find your video and etc. Too many different factors but sadly some people do sub4sub but if their content is good then yeah, they probably didn't sub4sub and people just like them. I've been on it for 6 months and got a decent amount of subs -- never paid a dime for any "fake" subs.
yeah youtube is so freaking big that often what works for one person, often does not work for another

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
yeah youtube is so freaking big that often what works for one person, often does not work for another
Yeah there's a lot of people on here, just gotta stay consistent and hope luck comes your way

Reactions: S.A.D

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are many things that influence why you get as many subs as you do, but I would say the primal 3 are:

1.) Audio quality - if you want subscribers you have to at least know what compression is and how not to blow your viewers eardrums away when they are watching the video. Learning about VST and plugins would be the very basic level of knowledge required. A pre-amp and stuff is not really needed, but a basic knowledge of how to manage your audio is.

2.) Video quality - if you upload in 1080p people expect a crisp and vivid picture that pleases the eye. When there is no difference between 1080p and 720p in a video you might want to go back to check the fundamentals. People want a crisp and pleasing image.

3.) Impression of quality - Apart from the two mentioned above there is a general feeling of quality about a production which includes thumbnails, channel artwork etc. If the twitter link in a header points to twitter.com and not to your actual twitter channel you can be sure the viewer is not getting the required dose of quality to subscribe to the channel.

To sum it up: people subscribe to channels they think are worth subscribing to. If you make your channel worthwhile in the eyes of the beholder they will subscribe. Then the only thing you have to do is get traffic. If the channel in question offers decent quality but fails in regards 1,2 and 3 the owner will have a very hard time getting subscribers.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are many things that influence why you get as many subs as you do, but I would say the primal 3 are:

1.) Audio quality - if you want subscribers you have to at least know what compression is and how not to blow your viewers eardrums away when they are watching the video. Learning about VST and plugins would be the very basic level of knowledge required. A pre-amp and stuff is not really needed, but a basic knowledge of how to manage your audio is.

2.) Video quality - if you upload in 1080p people expect a crisp and vivid picture that pleases the eye. When there is no difference between 1080p and 720p in a video you might want to go back to check the fundamentals. People want a crisp and pleasing image.

3.) Impression of quality - Apart from the two mentioned above there is a general feeling of quality about a production which includes thumbnails, channel artwork etc. If the twitter link in a header points to twitter.com you can be sure the viewer is not getting the required dose of quality to subscribe to the channel.

To sum it up: people subscribe to channels they think are worth subscribing to. If you make your channel worthwhile in the eyes of the beholder they will subscribe. Then the only thing you have to do is get traffic. If the channel in question offers decent quality but fails in regards 1,2 and 3 the owner will ahve a very hard time getting subscribers.
nice amount of info, fortunately i am implementing these aspects.

Reactions: iamvroom

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All good recommendations listed above. Everyone here is in the same boat learning to grow their channel. Just have to keep at it.

Tutorials, Tips, & Guides: http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-tips-tutorials-help-guides.91/
Marketing & SEO: http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-video-marketing-strategy-seo.88/
Articles & Resources: http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-tutorials-articles-resources.10/

For a personal channel review, feel free to create a thread here detailing what you'd like reviewed:
http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/

Status
Not open for further replies.