is a Youtube Schedule really necessary?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
I know lots of channels have schedules but then I see others that don't and seem successful. One of the issues at play for me if I created a schedule is that I don't think I could successfully follow it. Not that I am not capable but it's due to the type of videos I make. Here are reasons why I think I couldn't have a schedule but would love to hear other thoughts on this. My channel is a comedy channel.

1. I collab with other Youtube musicians which is when other YouTubers are availible.

2. I create my own (silly music) music but I am known for making lots of music that requires me to get permission before I can release anything. I create remixes, derivative works etc which need to be approved by the original publishers/artists. (I have a lawyer who helps me with this)

3. I make comedy sketches on the side and have scripts that I write and I often film them in large studios that I have to rent months in advance. I never known when I'll have a comedy sketch done.

Based on the following three statements how would I make a schedule and follow it? Is there something else I could do along with the 3 that could be scheduled based and then I lump the other 3 in with the schedule later on? If not then I guess I can't have a schedule.

Hi Bryce, I suggest to relax & enjoy what you are making, schedule will put a lot of unnecessary stress which will effect your creativity & productivity, it can even stop you from making videos, I didnt post for 1month because of work & school, and thats okey,,,, it looks that you are taking a long break as well, get back into it when you feel ready :dance: ,,, I try to eliminate as many stress factors as I can while increasing what makes this more enjoyable

It depends on what your goals are. If your goal is to have fun and make videos about things you like, then do that. If your goal is to build a channel and increase subs, then a schedule becomes more important. Just imagine if your favorite TV series just put out new episodes whenever they wanted to and you had no way of knowing when that would be. You would not like that and probably find a series with a regular schedule, right? Of course. Subscribers what to know that a channel is producing new content consistently in the same manner. The more scheduled your channel is, the higher the likelihood that people will feel better about subing to it.

Back