Intro or no intro?

littleseal17

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I know a lot of people don't have intro's for their videos and i wondered if its a good thing to have one.
I had one for a while but i didn't quite like it and i don't have one anymore, im always confused on whether to have one or not. thoughts?

Reaction score
Personally, i would have a intro for sketches but not for vlogging, i just think vlogs are better without them.
But thats just me.

The Beer Inspector

The Beer Inspector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I personally like it when people have intros for their videos, even for vlogs. It looks more formal, but that's just me. I don't know much about vlogs, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice.

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yah I like it as well I am thinking of creating one for mine and an out-tro as well because maybe it will give me a good chance of not having a crappy thumbnail

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A nice short and to the point intro that includes branding I like, ones that drag on for any longer than about 8 seconds will lose my attention especially if its the same intro on every video. I like videos that are set out like this Intro in person (if applicable) > Short Intro > Content > Outro the most. So to answer the question, I say go for an intro if you can keep it short and to the point and include your branding in it, I like them the most when under 8 seconds and its best if theyre visually pleasing, they dont have to be works of art though just as long as its readable, good colours etc

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have quite a few Intro's I have made starting at like 3 Secs right upto 17 Secs and I use them on everything accept Vlogs.

littleseal17

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Personally, i would have a intro for sketches but not for vlogging, i just think vlogs are better without them.
But thats just me.
mmk thanks for the feedback!
--- merged: Jun 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM ---
I personally like it when people have intros for their videos, even for vlogs. It looks more formal, but that's just me. I don't know much about vlogs, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice.
ok, good to know! thanks for responding!
--- merged: Jun 10, 2012 at 1:55 AM ---
I have quite a few Intro's I have made starting at like 3 Secs right upto 17 Secs and I use them on everything accept Vlogs.
oh kewl, sounds like its working for you.
--- merged: Jun 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM ---
A nice short and to the point intro that includes branding I like, ones that drag on for any longer than about 8 seconds will lose my attention especially if its the same intro on every video. I like videos that are set out like this Intro in person (if applicable) > Short Intro > Content > Outro the most. So to answer the question, I say go for an intro if you can keep it short and to the point and include your branding in it, I like them the most when under 8 seconds and its best if theyre visually pleasing, they dont have to be works of art though just as long as its readable, good colours etc
oh ok. thanks for the feedback. that sounds like a good way to do it.
--- merged: Jun 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM ---
Yah I like it as well I am thinking of creating one for mine and an out-tro as well because maybe it will give me a good chance of not having a crappy thumbnail
hahah yea, bad thumbnails are not fun

Thexwildxguitarist

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If it's short and interesting sure. Just don't make it any longer than like 5 or so seconds for vlogging. Yeah it seems like barely any time but with vlogs people want content, not flashy intros.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I think that when you watch a video with an intro a the beginning you already are able to make the assumption that the person has taken more thought than someone without an intro into making their videos :) this may well encourage more people to subscribe to you :)