if you have several channels how do you prevent someone from knowing you from the other channel?

monstermash

Reaction score
in otherwords, how do you prevent your youtube channel being recognized from one of your other youtube channels? PLEASE let me know!!
The only thing I can think of is using a different mic or using an alter. One would be a kids channel and the other wouldn't be. All help is truly appreciated. Thank you.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are they in the same niche? If not the likelyhood of people finding out unless either one is extremely popular seems low to me but that's just me. I've never had people from my main channel find any of my alt channels without me telling them about them but I'm also not super popular so yeah.

You could try to change your voice a bit, it's possible to change it enough either in something like Adobe audition or with external hardware like a channel strip, mixer, or other voice changer. You could change it enough maybe to sound different but not enough that you sound like some creepy robot lol. Personally I think that's over the top but I don't think I quite understand the gravity of your situation.

Last edited:

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Unless you're doing something edgier and don't want to hurt the family-friendly reputation of your main channel, I don't see why you would ever try and hide anything.

monstermash

Reaction score
Are they in the same niche? If not the likelyhood of people finding out unless either one is extremely popular seems low to me but that's just me. I've never had people from my main channel find any of my alt channels without me telling them about them but I'm also not super popular so yeah.

You could try to change your voice a bit, it's possible to change it enough either in something like Adobe audition or with external hardware like a channel strip, mixer, or other voice changer. You could change it enough maybe to sound different but not enough that you sound like some creepy robot lol. Personally I think that's over the top but I don't think I quite understand the gravity of your situation.
Not the same niche. Do they make your voice sound different or a premade voice? Because I don't want people to know that it's fake or slightly fake, y'know? How many views/subscripers isn't a bigger channel?

monstermash

Reaction score
Unless you're doing something edgier and don't want to hurt the family-friendly reputation of your main channel, I don't see why you would ever try and hide anything.
Right exactly. I don't want to hurt the family-friendly reputation of the other channel. Help pleaseee! ;;

Last edited: