If an 'Experimental' Upload of yours went Viral, What would you do?

If an 'Experimental', but less exciting to make, upload of yours went viral, What would you do?

• Go Full Force into making only that type of content from now on, hoping that you'll grow quicker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

If you uploaded a new genre of video, an experiment, just to see how it would perform, and it wen't viral, what would you do about it? And let's say you didn't enjoy making the video nearly as much as your other videos, but the audience loved it.

Matthew Santoro talked about how he really was into making comedy sketches, but then he tried list videos and immediately he grew much quicker. He had to make a decision to pick which videos he would make. He loved making his comedy videos, but they got a lot less views than the list ones.

What would you do in this situation?

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Definitively stick to my content, but every so often upload the stuff people want to please the crowd, otherwise they might leave

Branden Morales

ENJOYING THE PATH OF LIFE. WHICH IS PIZZA.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh man thats a toughy. I mean I'd probably continue the content I love making, but maybe I'd try to do something similar again? I always wonder about this. It seems as if vine people use to do this a lot. Even some youtubers! But I mean if you like the content that went viral. I suppose some people would love to try something like it again.

BigB0ss

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Just make regular content and make some experimental stuff every now and then. Trying to capitalize on the viral video audience isn't smart at all.

Reactions: PictureFIT

Fork

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Hm, though to say. Odds are if I make something experimental, I'd still enjoy making it even if less than my regular content. 'Cause, I mean, why make something if you don't enjoy it to some extent, right?
I'd probably continue making that kind of content and just move around my posting schedule to fit it in while keeping the amount of content going live the same.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

FearTheReaper

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, even if I did make an experimental video it would be something new to my channel that my subs are not used to. At least for me, when I upload something new it doesn't get that many views compared to my original content. However, if this experimental video is something my subs enjoyed along with myself I wouldn't mind making more of it. Then again, I don't want to lose what attracted people to my channel in the first to place just to get another chance at going viral.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't know how many people would experiment with a type of video they wouldn't enjoy making in the future, so it'd definitely be something I'd want to try in my video rotation as a regular thing. I'd say that if you're trying to experiment in order to go "viral," that's not a great experiment, because so many factors play into whether or not a video goes viral.

Reactions: JV Trammell

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
I don't know how many people would experiment with a type of video they wouldn't enjoy making in the future, so it'd definitely be something I'd want to try in my video rotation as a regular thing. I'd say that if you're trying to experiment in order to go "viral," that's not a great experiment, because so many factors play into whether or not a video goes viral.
Well I guess I mean't that if you were to switch up 'genres' or 'types' on an upload to see how you like it, then realize you didn't like making that type of content as much. But it still went viral, and you wonder if you should make more of that content because it was a bit more successful.

It's definitely not smart to make something just because you want it to go viral.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well I guess I mean't that if you were to switch up 'genres' theor 'types' on an upload to see how you like it, then realize you didn't like making that type of content as much. But it still went viral, and you wonder if you should make more of that content because it was a bit more successful.
I can kind of see where you're coming from. It could also be totally accidental. If you're a vlogger, let's say, and you hung out with some friends and they did something really cool and really big (I don't know, skydiving or whatever) and it suddenly went viral, would you start becoming the type of person who then tries a bunch of extreme sports? I could see that issue.

Reactions: JV Trammell

ItsMePND

Reaction score
Well at this point for me all of my content is experimental so I would build off that success while staying the channel that I hope to be in the future. This makes it very obvious to me since I'm a new channel xD