I'd love to hear what people think of my channel.....be gentle!

Tiny Tunes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I appreciate most of you aren't really in my target market (unless you happen to be 3 years old!) but I'd still love to hear what you think about my channel? I work as a 3D animator so I'm hoping my animation is ok. I am not however, a singer or a musician, so I'm a little worried about what people might think about the music side of things? I know kids can be easier to please, but plenty of parents like myself have to sit through this sort of stuff as well so I need it to work for them too.

subtrendy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't animate at all, so I really can't talk, but maybe there could be more going on here? I realize you're not working off a Pixar budget (and again, what you've done is far more than I could ever dream to accomplish) but it seems like the rabbit just kind of bobs its head the whole time without really doing anything. What little I know about animation is that the trick to it is to basically use illusion to make as much motion as possible with as little work as possible (i.e. the moving background running illusion a la the Flintstones). With this motion of bobbing, though, that illusion really isn't there. It's just kind of repetitive.

Tiny Tunes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I can't animate at all, so I really can't talk, but maybe there could be more going on here? I realize you're not working off a Pixar budget (and again, what you've done is far more than I could ever dream to accomplish) but it seems like the rabbit just kind of bobs its head the whole time without really doing anything. What little I know about animation is that the trick to it is to basically use illusion to make as much motion as possible with as little work as possible (i.e. the moving background running illusion a la the Flintstones). With this motion of bobbing, though, that illusion really isn't there. It's just kind of repetitive.
Thanks so much for your feedback. I guess with that particular video your absolutely right because it is basically just a loop. If you watch some of my other videos you will see some more elaborate action (like in the phonics song and the ABC Blues). The main problem I'm having though is exactly what you mentioned, the Pixar type budget. Animation is extremely time consuming, both in animation time, and render time. The first couple of videos I made took several weeks to produce while I had some down time in the day job. I felt like I needed to find a way to create the content quicker, hence using repetitions. Maybe just need to address the balance of creating quality animation against production time. I've changed the video in my signature to one of the earlier videos that took far longer to create.