I'd love a review on my first video

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So this is my first video, and I know it's not great. The lack of HD kinda hurts it (This is fixed in all the following videos), and it's quiet. Still though, I would love some feedback. Any advice on how to improve my commentary, sound, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for your time :)

Last edited:

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey dude. You reviewed my content, so I'd love to return the favor!

I'm not much of a Zelda fan, but you even made this game sound interesting to me. You have a really good voice for broadcasting, easy to listen to and your accent doesn't block enunciation from any word that I noticed. You definitely have the voice for this kind of industry, along with the audio quality, you have no problems in the sound department! The video quality as you mentioned is only at 480p, and as I'm sure you know, 720p is standard practice these days; it could even be debated that 1080p is standard - so I'm glad you got that fixed!

Your channel branding is awesome too, specifically the channel icon which I love. The channel name is creative and original; and I assume you're going to focus on pixel-graphics and 8-bit games (that would REALLY suit your branding!) in future videos. The only potential issue I can see graphically is the thumbnails; I know that shade of purple anywhere; MS Paint right? Might I suggest Paint.NET, which is a free program - like a watered down version of photoshop. It's really easy to learn and can design pretty nice looking thumbnails!

Best of luck with your channel in the future man,
Baylze

Reactions: FrankenPixelGaming

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey dude. You reviewed my content, so I'd love to return the favor!

I'm not much of a Zelda fan, but you even made this game sound interesting to me. You have a really good voice for broadcasting, easy to listen to and your accent doesn't block enunciation from any word that I noticed. You definitely have the voice for this kind of industry, along with the audio quality, you have no problems in the sound department! The video quality as you mentioned is only at 480p, and as I'm sure you know, 720p is standard practice these days; it could even be debated that 1080p is standard - so I'm glad you got that fixed!

Your channel branding is awesome too, specifically the channel icon which I love. The channel name is creative and original; and I assume you're going to focus on pixel-graphics and 8-bit games (that would REALLY suit your branding!) in future videos. The only potential issue I can see graphically is the thumbnails; I know that shade of purple anywhere; MS Paint right? Might I suggest Paint.NET, which is a free program - like a watered down version of photoshop. It's really easy to learn and can design pretty nice looking thumbnails!

Best of luck with your channel in the future man,
Baylze
Thank you so much for the lengthy review, it really does mean a lot!

As for video quality, I have fixed that in my other uploads, so they're at 720 instead of 480. For the time being, I do plan on staying with pixel-graphic games, but that's more of a hardware limitation than anything haha. I'd love to include some other stuff here and there down the line. Finally, yeah... MS Paint haha. Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to look into Paint.NET!

Again, thank you so much! I appreciate it :)

ToxicWulf

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It might just be me, but a quirk I usually have is when a video is longer than 15 minutes. It's easy to lose your attention the longer a video is, and being a smaller channel people are not as willing to watch your content as long as larger channels. My suggestion would be to cut the video into three parts, each around 5 minutes long, so the audience "stays" longer. Another thing I would address is the swearing in the video. You should cut it back a little, because what tends to drive me away from videos is when people swear quite a bit.

The rest of the video is pretty good, and you've addressed the non-HD part. So, my final words would be to keep up the good work and to not give up!

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It might just be me, but a quirk I usually have is when a video is longer than 15 minutes. It's easy to lose your attention the longer a video is, and being a smaller channel people are not as willing to watch your content as long as larger channels. My suggestion would be to cut the video into three parts, each around 5 minutes long, so the audience "stays" longer.
That would probably work if I were doing a different style of video, but I don't really know how well that would translate for a let's play style. Not a whole lot of progress can be made in just five minutes. Thank you so much for your opinion, by the way :) I appreciate it

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Love the content plz can you check out my channel
Hey dude, please try and refrain from advertising your content on other peeps' threads.

You can introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" forum at the top of the website, and can post your own channel/videos in the "Videos & Channels -> Gaming" section if you want to! :)

Reactions: Dig

listed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
im going to keep this sort but you need to sort out the volume on your video, if i cant hear the video with out turning up the volume on my pc i tend not to bother watch it. Dont worry my first couple of videos had the same issue as this. i sorted it out when i was editing the voice over parts to the video. Just takes some practice with first. but yeah.

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
im going to keep this sort but you need to sort out the volume on your video, if i cant hear the video with out turning up the volume on my pc i tend not to bother watch it. Dont worry my first couple of videos had the same issue as this. i sorted it out when i was editing the voice over parts to the video. Just takes some practice with first. but yeah.
Yeah I did end up fixing that issue starting with the third episode