I went from 12,000 followers to 5. Here's some advice.

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hey guys. My name is Ryan. When I was in 8th grade became addicted to making Youtube videos. I promised myself that at the end of high school I would have 5 million subscribers. I'm 16 years old and I have 5 subscribers lol.
When I started off Youtube in 8th grade all I cared about was the numbers. I didn't even care about how good my videos were. No joke i ended up going into a depression. Although I had 12,000 subscribers and getting over 1,000 likes per video I hated it.
It was a low in my life. Thankfully I stopped and deleted the channel. It was so bad that I couldn't even look at the thing. I began perfecting my editing and actually enjoying making videos. I didn't post any of them, but it was fun. Now I have 5 subscribers haha.
So just know that numbers arent everything. Eventually if you work hard enough that stuff will come. Hope people listen to this and don't go through the stuff that I had to go through.

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Ryan, that's a good way of thinking and seeing things! Don't let chasing numbers destroy your enthusiasm for filming and making great videos!

Reactions: Ryan Ng

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hey Ryan, that's a good way of thinking and seeing things! Don't let chasing numbers destroy your enthusiasm for filming and making great videos!
yes sir!!!

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey guys. My name is Ryan. When I was in 8th grade became addicted to making Youtube videos. I promised myself that at the end of high school I would have 5 million subscribers. I'm 16 years old and I have 5 subscribers lol.
When I started off Youtube in 8th grade all I cared about was the numbers. I didn't even care about how good my videos were. No joke i ended up going into a depression. Although I had 12,000 subscribers and getting over 1,000 likes per video I hated it.
It was a low in my life. Thankfully I stopped and deleted the channel. It was so bad that I couldn't even look at the thing. I began perfecting my editing and actually enjoying making videos. I didn't post any of them, but it was fun. Now I have 5 subscribers haha.
So just know that numbers arent everything. Eventually if you work hard enough that stuff will come. Hope people listen to this and don't go through the stuff that I had to go through.
This is a great reminder! It's so easy to get caught up in subscribers and likes and views. But if you don't love what you're doing then none of that matters.

Leo Hashee

The Asian dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Honestly might follow this...I've been thinking of starting all over again for a while now because my channel'***** such a slump.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is actually really cool that you posted this. So many people get wrapped up in the numbers that they forget why they began making videos in the first place. Make videos that you are proud of and you enjoy. If people want to watch them, they will. Also they will see your passion rather than just someone trying to subs etc.

Spectre677

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lots of good advice on here ya don't let the number hypnotise you people grow at different paces some luck out and get thousands in a few months for some it may take 2 or 3 years to reach that number but don't let it dishearten you. If you have passion for what you do then it will show in your videos and it only takes 1 video for your channel to explode.

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Lots of good advice on here ya don't let the number hypnotise you people grow at different paces some luck out and get thousands in a few months for some it may take 2 or 3 years to reach that number but don't let it dishearten you. If you have passion for what you do then it will show in your videos and it only takes 1 video for your channel to explode.
Yes sir!!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1502402109,1502402062][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is actually really cool that you posted this. So many people get wrapped up in the numbers that they forget why they began making videos in the first place. Make videos that you are proud of and you enjoy. If people want to watch them, they will. Also they will see your passion rather than just someone trying to subs etc.
Hey thanks so much!!!!! It means a lot that people agree with me lol. A lot of times i get crap for saying this stuff.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes sir!!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1502402109,1502402062][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey thanks so much!!!!! It means a lot that people agree with me lol. A lot of times i get crap for saying this stuff.
Not sure why someone would give you crap about that. Oh well. Just keep doing what you love.