I was doubting my content until I tested it.. help!

Yamila

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I started a gardening channel, to share gardening ideas and my garden makeover journey. Problem is that I am not getting subscribers, so I started to think that my content was not good, and that I should give up. However, I decided to run a test, I posted a photo of one of my projects in a Facebook gardening group, and my post was very popular! In less than 12 hours I got ~4K likes, and ~500 comments, people were super engaged.
That gave me reassurance but yet I don’t know what I am doing wrong.. I have a good enough branding, I choose good designs for thumbnails, research key words and titles.. i am running out of ideas.

Any advice Or tips from anyone?

thanks
Yamila

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello.

Nothing seems wrong with your channel or your subscriber count. YouTube is a marathon, and does not promote people equally as with facebook. Keep grinding. ;)

Reactions: Pro Kie

Yamila

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for checking it out and for the reassuring words, I wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong. I am working on coming across more relaxed on camera, but I guess that takes practise :):)

LiborioConti

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I am working on coming across more relaxed on camera, but I guess that takes practise
Hi, I checked out your trailer - the focus here is the information and ideas you provide and I like it. I did not have the impression that you seemed not relaxed or that there is a reason you should doubt your content. I think your channel is about a month old? At the end of the day, I think it is important that you can look at your video and say "yup, that's me" as there is no need to become someone else when the camera is switched on. I get it though, I recently started to livestream and I think it takes awhile to get used to it - worrying about appearance would probably just make it worse.

Hang in there and continue to work on new videos.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube is a very, very slow endeavour for the overwhelming majority of new channels. You just have to persist and, in all likelihood, it's gonna take you years before you finally get to a point where you are getting a more serious push by the algorithm. Use this time to experiment, adapt and make changes so that both you and your audience are getting the best experience out of it.

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Yamila, you are still way ahead of me in number of views/subscribers! If anybody is willing to give me some (constructive) feedback on my channel, I am very interested! And I am happy to return the favor if you would like me too.

Vladdy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey! So I checked out your channel and, to be honest, it’s great! Just keep making videos, bc the game of youtube is a looong game, so just enjoy the process, stay patient and consistent! You are getting a good numbers of views on some videos and it’s only after one month, soo good job!