I was contacted asking for permission to use my video

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
What in your estimation is an app promotion budget that would result in a meaningful increase in viewership?
Any other criteria you look for?

Thanks
I would think the online school thing is pretty crowded. Meaning the product must be better than competition and likely the marketing budget needs to be bigger as well. But I don't have a numerical estimation. Could be 10's of thousands. Could be millions. Could be 0$ but instead thousands of hours of outreach to likely consumers by sales people. But I don't know, anyones gutfeeling is as good as the next ones.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
You could always simply ask them to send you the proposed contractual arrangement and proposed payment. That'll either scare them off (in which case they wanted it for free) or they might actually come back with a number for you to consider.

There will be some additional effort involved from you as they won't want the youtube edit, they'll almost certainly want a file from you without the YT screens. end cards, subscribe annotations, and channel info.

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have done this with TV networks. Usually they offer some type of compensation for non-exclusive rights. Depending on the video the rates I tend to hear the most are anywhere from $750-$3,000. Anythingh over usual is for exclusive use.

You should absolutley charge unless they are offering you some kind of promotion that will help your channel.