I want to make videos of just me talking, but I don't want to show my face?

Avio Games

Reaction score
I've done mobile gaming videos in the past but I just simply do not enjoy making them. I just dont enjoy reacting to the gameplay. I want to make videos of me talking about topics, experiences I've had, and even life stories! I just want to talk basically! I really do not want to show my face on camera though. I thought about doing commentary over games, but I don't have capture software or an up to date console. Would mobile games be okay for the type of commentary I want to do? Or will nobody watch?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As long as You are happy, I am sure people will watch!

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mobile games might be a bit tough since no-one does it. Have you thought about maybe doing some animations or drawing something on the screen while you talk? Videoscribe is an excellent program for it.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Mobile games might be a bit tough since no-one does it. Have you thought about maybe doing some animations or drawing something on the screen while you talk? Videoscribe is an excellent program for it.
I agree with this; the potential audience for mobile gaming is pretty low - animation would be much more beneficial for long-term commentary like that of which you are proposing.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
My advice, dont. Mobile games are too irrelevant compared to the other ways. If normal pc gameplay doesnt cut it for you, see if you can get into animating. Its not easy but it might be what you're looking for.

Avio Games

Reaction score
I want to make commentaries where I just talk about whatever but I don't have games and I don't want to show my face. What can I do?

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Well you have a couple options, first is you don't have to show your face. That's no big deal as long as you have interesting or funny commentary you are good to go. Second is either go buy some games or download Steam and browse through some of the free games. That should get you started :) good luck

ImSoLugo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I want to make commentaries where I just talk about whatever but I don't have games and I don't want to show my face. What can I do?
Another option is editing videos using pictures.
The idea is to keep the audience engaged both Visually and through audio.
I've seen many youtbers tell stories and use funny pictures to really bring across what they are trying to say. but the editing process could take ages. People also do it over CoD gameplay. (If you wan't ask a good cod player to give you footage. xD)

But yea you seem to be more of a vlogger and less of a gaming channel. So tbh I actually dont suggest finding games. Choose another way to visually display your story.

as many as said animation is a good one.
But funny picture slideshows are another,

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like the slide show idea. Especially if you can tie it into what you are saying.
Maybe splice in some clips that support your vlog too.

Reactions: ImSoLugo

hatlesschimp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont like showing my face either. I tried it with an old channel years ago and it just makes things harder. Like I wear glasses around the house so I have to make sure I put contacts in and make my hair nice make sure Im dressed nice etc and by the time Ive done this then ive lost a ton of time plus you have to watch your lighting more etc. Basically I find it makes it harder for me. My best video has over 20k views and only took me 30 minutes to shoot, edit and upload.

Just make sure your audio is good. Getting a good mic and having it setup nice in a mini diy recording studio setup will make life easier to produce more videos quicker and better. I used to have a shure sm7b with a zoom recorder pluged into the computer via usb and it was amazing. Made me almost sound professional. Petty I deleted the old channel because I found the start so hard to gain subs and views. Now im rocking good with my new channel and not stressing as much. If you need any advice PM me and I will give you some good tips. All the best mate.

Oh yeah I forgot to say I read a book a while back and it said viewers are drawn more to audio than visual. It was like 70:30 split. You also need content thats decent but quality audio makes a big difference. All the best again

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk