I want to make videos, but have no ideas

Limpbowl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi YouTubeTalk!

I love making YouTube videos on my channel but I have one problem. I do play games like Garry's Mod (DarkRP), CS:GO and probably could play Black Ops 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5 on my channel. But when I want to make videos I can not think of things to do videos on. This happens almost every time I want to make a video and I would really want some help for suggestions or things that can make me get ideas, I do get ideas sometimes but when I do I usually think they are stupid ideas and just don't make the videos I plan. I do have good editing skills in Sony Vegas by the way. Any help would be appreciated :)

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
just do anything even if its a normal lets play and you might get ideas from there

Reactions: Limpbowl

lucagrabacr

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Scout the gaming forums and communities out there. You might get ideas from popular discussions / issues within the communities.

Kalekun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think you should really do some script writing and video ideas and notes.

A really good way to start is to make a video that you want to watch but no one is making it.
does that make sense?

Limpbowl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you should really do some script writing and video ideas and notes.

A really good way to start is to make a video that you want to watch but no one is making it.
does that make sense?
Yeah man that makes sense :) I'll try to write notes and scripts down more.

Limpbowl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Scout the gaming forums and communities out there. You might get ideas from popular discussions / issues within the communities.
Thanks for the recommendation :up2: I'll start looking into joining a gaming community

Weekend Noobs

If the week gets you down then join us and unwind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There is your reason why you find it difficult.
by thinking your content is stupid before even creating or uploading it, you sanction and limit yourself making it very difficult to create content you believe may be better or enjoyable.
If there is one thing I have learned with comedy and script writing, its not to sanction yourself.

This can be applied to anything in life. Grab your idea by the balls and just throw it out there. If it works brilliant! Then you can start expanding on it and finding what people like about it and developing that way. If it doesnt work then have a play and a tweak or try something new.

If you think its horrible it doesnt mean others will too. Everyone is different and your audience is more adaptable than you think ^_^

Dont put yourself down and dont hold back.
it can be scary at first but if you do it more and more you will relax into it and build more confidence in your work.

Reactions: xingcat