Status
Not open for further replies.

DivideAndConquer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My YouTube channel has been stuck at 236 subscribers now for a while and has been going down in views. I'm wondering how I can turn this around? I mostly do VR Let's Plays and survival game Let's Plays. should I be doing more vlogs? how should I go about promoting my YouTube channel on social media like Reddit, Facebook and Twitter? Basically what I'm asking here is how do I increase my viewership and how do I increase my subscribers? I want to build a community of people so that when I start doing charity live streams I can actually make a difference in the charity. So any help is very much appreciated thank you so much for your time I know this is kind of long post.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't know much about your niche but your videos seem quite long. We speak about a lot of dedication to sit through the entire video. I checked the tags on your newest video and your not hitting in search on any of them, they're too generic probably as you don't have much authority yet (you're doing popular games that are saturated already). Check out someone successful who does the same as you do in the same game. What do they do different. Then ask yourself, is my content as good? Also ask yourself, am I covering something that they are not doing yet? If the answer is no, you have your answer. Why would someone watch your content if there's better ones that they can actually find in search?
If the answer is YES, you need to work on your promotion and you will emerge after a while (as long as you've been honest in saying YES :) ).

Reactions: DivideAndConquer

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've recently come to the conclusion that doing stuff, like what we're doing now (e.g. going on forums and talking to people) is probably the best way to build a community. I guess it's kinda like the way a politician pretends to work, ya know? Like, one sub at a time. Make friends not subs? =D

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My YouTube channel has been stuck at 236 subscribers now for a while and has been going down in views. I'm wondering how I can turn this around? I mostly do VR Let's Plays and survival game Let's Plays. should I be doing more vlogs? how should I go about promoting my YouTube channel on social media like Reddit, Facebook and Twitter? Basically what I'm asking here is how do I increase my viewership and how do I increase my subscribers? I want to build a community of people so that when I start doing charity live streams I can actually make a difference in the charity. So any help is very much appreciated thank you so much for your time I know this is kind of long post.

I've moved your thread to the reviews / feedback forum.

Channel Your Random

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm only in the low 20's for subs, and around 400 views, but what I do is think to myself, "where is my next sub coming from," or "where are my very next views coming from." Then after I've answered the questions, I take direct action to get that next sub or the next view. I'm not telling you to shrink your goals, but if you have a direct objective for the day, I find it's much easier to figure out the action needed. :)

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd say ask them and anyone on your social media sites what they want to see in some upcoming videos. If you make stuff that specifically interests them, they'll come back for more

Status
Not open for further replies.