i need help here! i am a starter...

fadwaishere

hello everyone! so i am a starter and i need lots of help! i didnt even start making any videos because i dont know HOW!!!! i want to know everything i should do!
i want to know what kind of equipments should i get? well i dont have a camera so i wanted to know if i can make a video with using a mobile's camera? and i want it to be good like the youtubers out there!
i also want to know what apps and programs should i download to use for making a video ?
well what i want is to know every little tinny thing about this .. because i really want to start doing this!!!!!

Ok, first of all what kind of videos do you want to make?
If you don't have a camera, use your phone. All smartphones today probably have a HD recordings camera!
Save up some money and get a camera, but for now use your phone.
For editing, if you have a computer, try Windows movie maker.
If you have an android phone get Powerdirector or Kinemaster (whatever works for you, although I've heard kinemaster is easier to use)
If you have an iphone, use IMOVIE, it costs a little bit, but will probably be worth it if you want to make videos and edit then now.

Ok, first of all what kind of videos do you want to make?
If you don't have a camera, use your phone. All smartphones today probably have a HD recordings camera!
Save up some money and get a camera, but for now use your phone.
For editing, if you have a computer, try Windows movie maker.
If you have an android phone get Powerdirector or Kinemaster (whatever works for you, although I've heard kinemaster is easier to use)
If you have an iphone, use IMOVIE, it costs a little bit, but will probably be worth it if you want to make videos and edit then now.

Well i wanted to do a DIY and advice video and also funny ones ! You know what i mean?

If you don't know where to begin, YouTube itself is a great resource! There are tons of tutorials out there. Search for something like "How to get started on YouTube". You'll also find videos explaining what type of equipment you can get for a certain budget.

All depends on the type of videos you want to make. Everyone has their own methods. You can use a mobile camera and upload it straight on YouTube that way. I use both a digital camera and a camcorder to film my videos and edit with Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum which you can get at Best Buy for $80. But that's just my way of making videos. Everyone one here uses different programs so it's which ever one you like the best. Best of luck to you though

What and how you do things is completely up to you: in the end you have to make your own format and consistency, but there's no shame in asking questions like this.

Equipment:
Again, depends on what you're wanting to make. If you're going for a gaming channel, you of course need a good pc to run games, a screen capture software (Like OBS (free) or FRAPS) and a good microphone (Amazon has plenty of great ones for ~$40).

For anything else, you need a camera: I make some gameplay videos but have now prioritized sketches/skits which means I use a camera - however I only have two Samsung galaxies at disposal so I make use of them. There's nothing wrong with using a phone camera, as long as it is a good image quality and an even better sound quality: the thing about phone cameras though is it's hard to get good shots.

If you have a budget aside and want to do many creative things and such, or set up a mini studio, I recommend looking into a green screen set and sound proofing wedges.

As for Programs:
Again, depends on what you plan on doing and the content type as different programs can suit different needs.

I personally use Sony Vegas Pro 13: pretty easy to use once you familiarize with it and is good for a variety of things.
Audacity is a music recording and editing program that is free and open source and it is amazing at its job.
Photoshop CC 2014 is my current image/media editing and hacking program: learn photoshop once and know it forever.

That's pretty much all I can recommend. You need to make yourself a plan: think out the content you want to make, your type of channel you will have, your ideal audience, get your equipment in-check, establish your channel's branding (with profile pictures, banners, intros, etc.) and keep a consistent upload schedule. That's all I can truly recommend, good luck!

Ahh ok, well watch some workshop videos where they make DIY stuff, and get some inspiration. My tip is that you get a tall tripod, and a table for an overhead view, so you can clearly see what you're doing.

But thank
What and how you do things is completely up to you: in the end you have to make your own format and consistency, but there's no shame in asking questions like this.

Equipment:
Again, depends on what you're wanting to make. If you're going for a gaming channel, you of course need a good pc to run games, a screen capture software (Like OBS (free) or FRAPS) and a good microphone (Amazon has plenty of great ones for ~$40).

For anything else, you need a camera: I make some gameplay videos but have now prioritized sketches/skits which means I use a camera - however I only have two Samsung galaxies at disposal so I make use of them. There's nothing wrong with using a phone camera, as long as it is a good image quality and an even better sound quality: the thing about phone cameras though is it's hard to get good shots.

If you have a budget aside and want to do many creative things and such, or set up a mini studio, I recommend looking into a green screen set and sound proofing wedges.

As for Programs:
Again, depends on what you plan on doing and the content type as different programs can suit different needs.

I personally use Sony Vegas Pro 13: pretty easy to use once you familiarize with it and is good for a variety of things.
Audacity is a music recording and editing program that is free and open source and it is amazing at its job.
Photoshop CC 2014 is my current image/media editing and hacking program: learn photoshop once and know it forever.

That's pretty much all I can recommend. You need to make yourself a plan: think out the content you want to make, your type of channel you will have, your ideal audience, get your equipment in-check, establish your channel's branding (with profile pictures, banners, intros, etc.) and keep a consistent upload schedule. That's all I can truly recommend, good luck!

That is so much of help!! Thank you!!!!! ..

All depends on the type of videos you want to make. Everyone has their own methods. You can use a mobile camera and upload it straight on YouTube that way. I use both a digital camera and a camcorder to film my videos and edit with Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum which you can get at Best Buy for $80. But that's just my way of making videos. Everyone one here uses different programs so it's which ever one you like the best. Best of luck to you though

Thank you for your advice!!.

If your looking to do a DIY channel you need a way to record it. I purchases a Logictech webcam C615 which was fairly cheap. The logictech webcam software is an easy free way to record with those devices. I also have a Blue Microphone for recording audio, the camera and audio I have are linked together so I do not do my audio separately. For editing I use an editing program called filmora because it was fairly inexpensive and I can do a decent amount with it. I cannot afford photo shop or premiere pro. So as a photoshop substitute I use GIMP 2. It isn't as powerful as Photoshop but I have found with some practice and how to videos you can pretty much do whatever you need to do!

For the type of videos you want to make I'm sure you can get by with a smartphone camera but I would recommend getting a mic for recording audio because when a video has bad audio it is a big turn off to people.

Back