I have almost no views. Is the problem the video content or lack of promotion?

FlyFlutur

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello everybody!

I started this channel a few years ago. Posted a few videos. I enjoyed them but didn't get any feedback and views, so I stoped.

I decided to start again. I really enjoy the process and I think the result is also ok for a beginner. But like the first time i have almost no views.

Please let me know how can I improve.

In my video journal I share my thoughts, play minecraft, workout and create music. (I used to do motorcycle rides as well but, cannot right now, because of the lockdown, so I replaced that with gaming)

In my latest episode i talk about 2 kinds of motivation followed by my workout. In minecraft i explore the nether for the first time, and in the end you can listen to one of my latest original songs.

As you can see I use different kind of themes in the video that are not related at all.

Please let me know what you think about this format. Should I remove any of the sections and maybe make different kinds of playlists, or keep them all in one video, or add new ones?

Some people say that in order to get views you need to be active on forums and share your video on different communities. But isn't that a bit wrong? I mean, shouldn't I put my effort in creating content?

Thank you very much for your time!

Video Link:

Reactions: Sw2985

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
HI
I still dont have playlists or into video, dont worry
very cool idea with the NO SMOKING video,
have you thought of renaming a few videos & see how it works? TITLE & THUMBNAIL design are 2 very important factors
what do you think of renaming the "Episode Three - No Smoking" into something like "HOW TO STOP SMOKING motorcycle riding story"

Reactions: FlyFlutur

FlyFlutur

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
HI
I still dont have playlists or into video, dont worry
very cool idea with the NO SMOKING video,
have you thought of renaming a few videos & see how it works? TITLE & THUMBNAIL design are 2 very important factors
what do you think of renaming the "Episode Three - No Smoking" into something like "HOW TO STOP SMOKING motorcycle riding story"
Hey,

Thank you for taking your time and watching the videos!

I'll try renaming ep3 and see how it works!

Appreciate your feedback!

Sw2985

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I'm a newer YouTube creator, and have been consistently trying to up my game with better videos, more customization, etc. I also have shared these videos on multiple social media accounts as well.
Here is my latest video.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Appreciate your feedback
I think you make good useful content that a lot of us need to hear, but we are having a hard time locating it, because we search for "HOW TO STOP SMOKING CIGARETTES"
I would cut out minecraft from future videos completely
THE SHAVE video had a very cool music part, maybe make few music videos like that? (no minecraft) in the thumbnail I would try to show what is happening in the video , current thumbnail is confusing.
I think a lot of humans would love to watch the music part of the SHAVE video

Sw2985

Reaction score
study your statistics, you can see what videos do best & can make couple similar ones
Thanks! I think I I'll study ways to do better editing and upgrading while im at it too. Thankfully there's a couple high quality editors you can use for free.

FlyFlutur

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think you make good useful content that a lot of us need to hear, but we are having a hard time locating it, because we search for "HOW TO STOP SMOKING CIGARETTES"
I would cut out minecraft from future videos completely
THE SHAVE video had a very cool music part, maybe make few music videos like that? (no minecraft) in the thumbnail I would try to show what is happening in the video , current thumbnail is confusing.
I think a lot of humans would love to watch the music part of the SHAVE video
Thanks again. Your feedback is very motivating and on point. I wanna replace the minecraft part with motorcycle rides as in the past videos, but cannot do it now because of the the lockdown and also I lost my go pro :) but as soon as I'll be able to ride my bike I'll include that in the videos.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I wanna replace the minecraft part with motorcycle rides as in the past videos, but cannot do it now because of the the lockdown
music & exercises are two big & popular topics that many are looking for,,,,, I just literally went back to your channel to watch just the music part of the SHAVE video, like the melody/guitar sound (had to navigate to 1st post for channel link,,,, you can put it under your icon so that many can reach your channel fast from this forum (see my signature)