I have a video thats trashing my analytics - Advice.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
So a couple of months ago I hit 500 subscribers and decided to make a special video to celebrate the occasion. I uploaded it and it did quite well racking up 1k views in less than 48 hours. in fact at the time of writing it's on the verge of breaking 5k views, but the issue i've got is all of those viewers are absolute trash and it's ruined my analytics.

Im a relatively small channel, my videos average about 1k views in their lifetime. but the views usually come from a pretty decent range of countries and have meaningful engagement (decent watch time, comments, likes etc) but this particular video i've uploaded has 5k views where 95% of them have come from one specific non english speaking country (the video is in english) with an average watch time of less than 10 seconds (the videos 2 and a half hours long) I wouldnt mind so much if the issue was self contained. but because my other videos get so much lower views than this one it's skewed all my analytics and I have no idea what my audience want anymore. it's crashed my CTR, made my "Best publishing time" make zero sense and it's skewed my audience demographics so badly that I have no idea who my core audience are anymore.

I've looked online for how best to deal with this situation and i've had mixed arguements from people, some saying delete the video, take the hit on views but "problem solved" others saying dont delete it because theres a chance that the algorithm will start supplying it to people who actually DO want to watch the video and it may recover as a result.

So im looking for any advice I can get on this. what do you do when your videos doing alright on views but terrible in literally every other regard?

tubefluence

Reaction score
Website
tubefluence.com
It sounds like you're over analyzing things and making the issue bigger than it is. My advice would be to upload more videos and use them to get data (look at the analytics for specific videos). Do not delete the video- the watch time minutes it gained for your channel will get removed.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
It sounds like you're over analyzing things and making the issue bigger than it is. My advice would be to upload more videos and use them to get data (look at the analytics for specific videos). Do not delete the video- the watch time minutes it gained for your channel will get removed.
Well; I currently have over 200 videos but because all of them only get between 50 to 100 views each they've all been eclipsed by the near 5k views that this one video has gained in less than a month.
Equally; the watchtime from that video is 33 hours. which is only about the same as 10 of my normal videos.

either way the video was taken down by a false copyright claim today so it may have solved the problem anyway :cold: