i have a question. new channel or old?

Khantastic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
basically i have an old channel with about 4k subs or but they are almost all bots besides 100 or so. they also seem to be dropping. how ever i seem to still be getting views. the thing is i'm not sure if the ranking has been affected or anything. it was made in about 2013 and is monetised.

i decided a couple f months ago to make a new channel which has about 30 subs or so. but its not monetised but i have "paid for promotion" so i dont think the trankings are affected.

my question really is which channel should i push forward? as my permanent channel? i dont know if there is a way to check the ranking of each channel.

Attachments

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Old. It has built in watchtime advantages

Reactions: Khantastic

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think I would go with the old channel too. There is the thing with watchtime advantages and the fact that you got "4000" might signal that your channel is popular (to some):) But if it still is getting views as you write I would take it from there and start work now

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It is probably a bit easier to reignite an old channel than to launch a newer channel but I would try to focus on engagement first and foremost on an old channel with mostly stale subs. I would beat the bushes and find every commenter and liker and steer them toward my page and get any IRL friends that would be willing to help to create some activity since 4000subs and 0activity put a lot of viewers off.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Khantastic. I just wandered what are bots? why would they subscribe etc? Sorry I can't offer any informed suggestions to your question.

Kennedy Jene

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would definitely start with the old channel, only because you start off with a little boost like it'll probs make things a little easier. I wish you luck!

Khantastic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
thank you to all who have replied. I think i will stick with the old channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1529874698,1529874569][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi Khantastic. I just wandered what are bots? why would they subscribe etc? Sorry I can't offer any informed suggestions to your question.
bot is short for the word robot. i dont know if they actually are bots but it was a guess. they are subscribers that i paid for who do not watch my videos. so even though i have over 4000 subs i will get only like 100 views per video